Intentionally not looking at beautiful people?

Sometimes if I notice a guy I think is really good looking I will intentionally not look at him. I think I do it because I assume this guy gets checked out all the time and on some sub conscious level I don't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing that I, like all the other girls, think he's really hot. That sounds really ridiculous and mean to the guy, I think I do it instinctively. Even if I can see him checking me out of the corner of my eye, or I can feel him looking at me I will still refrain because in a messed up way I feel like I shouldn't give him the ego boost of knowing I think he's hot because he probably already knows that. Again, I recognise how crazy this sounds and is a bit mean to the guy. Do you ever find yourself doing this? Why do you do it? I've tried my best to explain why I do it but I think I might have fallen short on making sense. So guys do you ever intentionally not look about beautiful women? And ladies do you ever do this to exceptionally good looking guys?

Looking forward to reading your answers, the more details the better!! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• That is definitely me.
    For example, people say that I am dense because no matter how much a guy is checking me out, I I ignore them. I just feel like they will get all egotistical and arrogant if I give them the satisfaction of knowing that I think they are hot. Some call me an ice queen, others say that I am playing hard to get, but it's just my thing. Today I even saw a bunch of hot guys looking at some dvds and when they saw me they all looked my way, but I sortta just scowled at them and swerved past them quickly. It's a natural thing for some people, trust me.

• I am the same! I thought i was the only one, glad Im not :D

• Tryin to get your attention huh. Girls like that usually expect you to make the first move. It all depends, she could have been in a bad mood too.

• Yea seems like that type. I honestly didn't ignore her on purpose. It was by accident because i got caught up doing other things. But yea, when i finally 'glanced' at her and gave her attention that's when she did that.
      Well, she started walking out of the room and that was when i noticed and glanced at her. When i looked at her she like straightened her posture lol (i thought it was a little strange) and turned to glance at me twice before walking out and had that scowl or w/e on her face.

What Guys Said 7

• This might explain why women don't look at me then ;)

Honestly, not that I profess to be one, but you'd be surprised what relatively attractive people think of themselves. They have the same insecurities as anybody else. They are people too, irrational and insecure at times, and like that positive affirmation. But I mostly assume women don't tend to look because A, they are insecure, or B, they have their own shit to be getting along with, without worrying about flirting all day. They're also, I assume, sick of being stared at, all the unwanted attention, and being objectified by men, so are keen not to encourage it.

As for beautiful women. It depends on my mood. If I'm feeling confident, I'll look. Often, I'll be aware that I'm just appreciating her on a purely physical level, and aware of that, I consciously won't leer, because I don't think it's nice to be on the receiving end. If I'm in an uplifted mood, and that rare girl comes along who awakens all my senses, I'll look yes. But in an appreciative, non sexual way :)

I think in response to your question, you can get a sense of someone's 'energy' rather quickly. It's definitely not solely a physical thing. People who are open and non judgemental, you get a certain vibe from them, and I'm more inclined to look, irrespective of how 'hot' they are.

• This would normally be perfectly fine in my book, except for the fact that many girls with your mentality don't want to give guys the satisfaction of checking them out, yet they LOVE it when guys check THEM out. This may or may not be you, I don't know, but I know many girls personally who do this.

Either way, I can't stand hypocrites. You should ALWAYS live the standard you either ask, or do, to other people. There's never an excuse.

• That's true. Do you ever find yourself doing this though? By "this" I mean intentionally not looking at someone you find incredibly good looking?

• I just look out of the corner of my eye, I just know most people find staring, or even quick looks sometimes, to be offensive. So I don't want to start anything or be seen as a perv.

• I just look at girls I find attractive. I don't believe attraction is as absolute as your describing. Yes certain people are more attractive to others on average, but I have my own preferences. I normally look at them to the point where they don't feel uncomfortable hopefully. Usually they will glance at me and look away with a few girls that seem more out going as an exception.

• Sometimes i do this and sometimes i don't. It all depends on the situation for me. But i tend to glance more than avoid it.

• i do the same...it´s like i think i am too ugly for her anyway so she should at least not know that i find her attractive.

• you gonna end up single

• LOL that is hilarious

What Girls Said 1

• Yes I do. I don't think i'm perving though. Especially when he has an athletic body like apollo's. It's hard to ignore it in my peripheral vision.