Should I send him a message on facebook?

I really need a guys opinion on this but all opinions are so welcome!
I really really like this guy and I have for a few years. He's two years older than me and a really good friend of my brother so I spent a lot of time around him growing up.
I'm now 16 and he's 18.
He was at a party that my friends were also at and they told me that he told them that he thinks I'm 'hot' and wanted to 'hang out' with me at the party and he was upset that I wasn't there.
I keep seeing him looking at me and I overheard him say my name to his friend when I walked past once.
He's pretty shy usually so I don't think he'd make the first move even if he wanted to but I'm not sure.
He hasn't said anything to me about liking me, should I tell him that I like him first?
If so, how should I? I'm pretty shy too and school has finished for the summer and I don't have his number so I'd have to Facebook message him!
He's also going to university next year and I'm honestly scared that I'm never going to see him again.
My friend and her sister are having a party in a couple of weeks that he is usually invited to, however he isn't on the guest list for this one, which I find strange. I think it might be because my friend (who holds the parties) kinda shouted at him at the last party for 'trying to take advantage' of me, even though I wasn't there and I honestly don't think he is the kind of guy to do that!
So I'm worried that he's not going to be there..
But yeah, my main question is should I tell him that I like him and, if so, how should I tell him? Like what do I say etc cause I'm really shy and terrified of rejection.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hello everyone, i am here to testify on how DR John helped me. December 2013, I saw a post on a particular site sharing testimony on how the great spell caster brought back her ex. Initially, i thought the post is unreal but i later had a second thought and i contacted the spell caster as instructed by the post. I have no option than to try my best because my husband left me with my three kids for another woman after a minor misunderstanding. Me and my husband got married over six years and we lived so happily. At a certain time my husband started behaving strange to me after we had a minor misunderstanding of which i begged for forgiveness. Before i knew what was going on, he left me and go for another woman who works in the same office with him. When i saw the post, i contacted the spell caster on his email and he told me not to worry that my husband will come back to me in two days time once he finish casting the reunite spell on him. To my greatest surprise, my husband came back to me begging for a second chance after a maximum days of five back and we are living happily together as one family again. I want to use this medium to let everyone here know that this is real and if you are out there having this same problem please kindly contact Dr. John, the great spell caster via his email {PROPHETBAZ34@YAHOO.COM}because he can done the unexpected.

What Guys Said 2

• Message him and ask if he would like to go get coffee, ice cream, whatever kids are into these days

• Write him.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should tell him or you'll be wondering forever if the feeling was mutual. However, after you've told him (and he feels the same way about you), I'd recommend you directly talk to your brother if he's ok. If he doesn't like you, it won't be awkward, since he'll be leaving soon.

Source: A friend has 5 year long distance relationship with the brother of another friend.