What's my next step? Please help!?

Okay so last night I went to the 21st party of my best friend, and it was a dance party, way awesome!
He introduced me to one of his friends, who I think is really really cute, he'd told me about her a few times but last night was the first time I actually met her.

I probably danced with her most of the night and we chatted quite alot, and also lay on the roof outside, chatting some more.
I asked her for her number and she gave it to me, saying "You asked so nicely, how could I say no?"

So here's my question: How long should I wait before I text her and would it be cool to ask her to get some coffee as the next step?

In the meantime she's said she wants to be friends doesn't want to date anyone...
Thanks for the help anyways

Most Helpful Girl

• Call or text her today, asking how is she and did she got home safe, something like that. And yeah, asking to get some coffee sounds good.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't understand why people always have to "wait" to call or text someone. If you want to ask her out then do it when you feel like you're ready. Why should you wait if you like her? You want her to know that you like her so don't keep her waiting. It won't make you look desperate or anything. It'll show that you're different. And that's good.

What Guys Said 0