How do you know if a guy wants marriage and kids?

Here's the thing..I don't want to waste my time. In the future I want marriage and kids. I don't want to be caught in a dead end relationship where the guy never wants to commit.

How do I avoid this? I don't want to waste more than a few months of dating with someone...if I know a guy is opposed to having a wife and kids he is not for me.

What do I do? Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a hardcore of guys who never want kids. There's an even smaller hardcore of guys who definitely do want kids. Most guys are pretty neutral about it. It's up to you to persuade guys that you are wife material and mother material.

I could go up to hundreds of girls in the street and just straight up ask them for sex. I'd probably get not a single yes. I could falsely determine from that that no girls like sex. See what I mean?

What Guys Said 4

• This is something that needs to be talked about very very early in the relationship. You are absolutely right, you need to be with someone you are compatible with. I also see no reason to date someone any longer than necessary, (unless the sex is that good, LOL) if there is no future. This is a serious enough and perfectly valid question that is acceptable to ask pretty much anytime, IMO.

• Ask directly, it's the opposite of romantic, but my wife and me settled questions like this at the very beginning already. After around the 2nd or 3rd week we knew all we needed to know.

• Most guys are upfront about it. So ask. If you want to get a more certain answer, have sex with him then ask.

• You could ask. It's not crafty and subtle, but it might get you that information.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's a tough one. A lot of guys will just tell you what a lot of women want to hear - that they want marriage and kids as well

• They will tell you and by his actions you will know if he is been sincere.

• How will he show by his actions?

• If he is serious he will want to meet your parents and get engage later on the relationship then get married. Also he will talk to you about a future together, family, house, goals etc. Everything will be plan around you as a couple. Not all men act the same way but if he is serious about you, he will tell you and show at same time in many ways.

• Just ask him