Shy or not interested and polite?

I've been dating this guys for about 2 months. 4 alone dates + multiple friend hangouts. 3/4 of the times we have been on alone dates he paid. He asked me out the first time, but since then I've been doing all the asking. I'm not sure what to think. On one hand, I have to initiate all the texts/invites/etc. He never initiates ANYTHING but always replies to my texts in a time manner. He will even apologize if he replies late. Another thing with him is that if I ask him to let me know if he has plans or if we can go out. He says "sure i will let you know" and never gets back to me. However if I say "are you free on day x and 6pm to do this activity" he says yes and comes. So it's like he lacks the complete ability to initiate anything but will always come if i invite him. His friends told me he is shy, and I was willing to put in the effort (never had a gf before, super shy, etc) but I can't keep chasing after someone indefinitely... I need to feel wanted too! Would a shy guy keep going on dates with you out of being polite if he was not interested or is he really interested but just shy to the point of driving a girl mad? When we texts he asks follow up questions, but he is so shy and scared. I feel like I'm dating Bambi -_-

Updates:
Anyone?

0|0
1|0

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.

What Girls Said 1

• He might but most likely it's because he is interested

0|0
    0|0