How do you tell a guy he isn't your type? But he keeps wanting to go on a date?

I was thinking about giving him a chance but I don't want to lead him on. But I don't want to seem like a asshole.

Most Helpful Girl

• you are not entitled to go out with a guy for the sake of just 'giving him a chance'. explain to him that you're simply not interested, his ego will be bruised but that's not your responsibility.
    you will not be an asshole for saying no to him, a relationship, dating or anything else is a two-way street. you can't be expected to date everyone you're not interested in.

• Thank you. This makes me feel better.

What Guys Said 2

• Be derect and say I don't want to go out with you, and i dont see you that way. And don't say we can be friends unless you want to be his new best-friend and don't say any girl would be happy to go out with you unless you know some the specifically would.

• If he is a good friend or a "nice guy" give him a chance see if he treats you like a princess if you mean type by looks looks won't matter in the end it should really be based on how they treat you.

• He's not bad looking at all. It's just I don't feel any connection and plus we don't have any common interest. We've been talking for a while anyways.

• ah ok that makes a little more sense I would invite him out with a group of friends instead

What Girls Said 1

• If you really want to give him a chance (meaning you wouldn't mind it going further) then go for it. If you aren't interested, you just arent. Itd be worse to lead the guy on. If need be, tell him "I dont want to lead you on." if you feel too bad, though I hate lying, tell him you are seeing someone else, and want to respect the other guys feelings lol. I only recommend that one if he won't leave you alone.