Girls: Would you be impressed if your BF wasn't the type to play video games?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Videogames are ok as an occasional past time, but a lot of people get addicted. He's not producing anything by playing them, nor is he improving his mind. If I had a boyfriend who sat around all day watching sitcoms, would I be impressed? Nope, not by that!

Would a guy be impressed if I sat around all day playing AngryBirds instead of coming up with cool stuff to talk about - going interesting places - meeting new people - making money - innovating in some way? In my experience, the dumb bimbo routine gets old REAL fast. For guys and girls!

Catching the new episode of your fav tv show is fine. Playing a videogame or two once in awhile is fine. Getting a venti frap occasionally is ok. Gambling in moderation won't hurt. But once you do too much of any of these things, you'll get into trouble. In the end, it's better to not have any trace of these vices as all. Thus, I'd be quite happy to hear that my boyfriend is not interested in video games. Fortunately for me, my real life boyfriend is not and I love him for it! :)

What Girls Said 11

• As annoying as it can be that he stays on runescape for hours, its not that bad. I'd rather him be at home playing his game than be out doing whatever else. Every person has their habit or obsession. This doesn't bother me. He goes out and does other things too.
    And TBH: I LOVE GAMES!
    So we play the games together. I don't know what I would do if my league of legends buddy stopped playing.

• I don't mind it as long as he's not on it all day and throwing his life away on video games. I like when he's active and goes play basketball with his friends and goes on nature walks with me :) and sometimes we play together depending on the game lol I usually get to choose :D

• Some people are into it and some aren't, it's no biggie for me. Although I wish my bf was because he's freakin boring and lame, I wish he did something interesting with me.

• No, I wouldn't.

• No, I wouldn't be impressed. I don't understand how that would be an impressive quality.
    If a guy likes video games, that's cool,
    If he doesn't, that's cool too.

• I was told how a lot of girls are annoyed how their bfs play so much video games and spend so much time on it

• It depends on the girl.
      I think they're fun, but I'm not a huge gamer or anything.
      As long as video games don't get in the way of real life responsibilities, I don't see the problem.

• There are many other impressive qualities in someone like, if they're compassionate, intelligent, ambitious, friendly and kind. If they're following their dreams, etc.
      There are so many more important real life qualities that I look for in a partner, rather than if he enjoys a certain hobby lol.

• I don't care either way as long as he's not 24/7 playing away and ignoring his responsibilities etc..Everything is good in moderation.

• No? Lol I wouldn't care either way but I would prefer it because I actually like to.

• Well as long asi play too.. and but at the same time im a gamer girl and I enjoy it too.

• but i like video games toooo

• Im a gamer myself. I would like to have one but not an obsessed one. I could really have one that dosent tho.

• Yes. I don't like game junkies

What Guys Said 4

• Why does it matter either way? It's like saying if a girl isn't into fashion would a guy be impressed? Doesn't matter really.

• hmmm i'm a gamer but not hardcore...i may spend a lot of my time gaming but i can also do other things aside gaming...it really depends on a girl

• I don't play a ton of video games but I do like playing video games. But I'm not a COD or Halo type of guy. I like playing the Madden and NBA2k games more.

• masturbation is a more productive use of time than video games.