How important is intelligence when considering a partner?

Is intelligence important to you or nah

• It's very important. I enjoy having common interests and conversing.
  • It's not that important to me. I feel physical appearance has a higher ranking.
  • Meh, it depends.

Most Helpful Guy

• If I can't talk to her about the things I care about, or she is too dump to understand and starts yawning whenever I talk, there is no point in keeping her.

I want a woman to be my equal, but I want her to submit to me willingly, so actually she needs to be more intelligent then me.

What Guys Said 7

• For me it's pivotal!

Frankly lack of intellectual factor is one of the reasons I lose interest in girls.

To be honest so many girls I've met recently bore the shit outta me...and this overrides physical attractiveness. If she doesn't stimulate me mentally, I lose interest really fast.

• VERY important. It's why I wasn't compatible with most girls at my high school.

When considering a girlfriend, she has to be smart. It's a must. Not necessarily good at math smart, I mean smart as in she has good morals and stuff.

• It's VERY important, yes. It's the number one thing that I look for and am attracted by.

• Its definitely important to me. But I'm a nerd.

Mostly I just don't want to spell out words or explain something and she doesn't get it. Very frustrating

• Intelligence is kinda important to me. If she is dumb and doesn't really have intellectual conversations ever then thats a huge turnoff. But if she acts like she knows everything about everything and always corrects you then thats a big turnoff too. I absolutely can't stand when girls try to act all dumb to try to impress guys. Girls, why? Why do you do this?

• for some girls its away of her showing she likes you.. its like letting you win at a game.

im sure it varies from girl to girl though.

• Extremely. Stupidity is a major turn-off.

• Its one of the most important quality to ask.

What Girls Said 6

• It's mainly important to me now that I'm an adult. In high school I had a great bf for 3.5 years and he was not the brightest as all but he was lovely and sweet, my first love but sometimes I needed that intellectual conversation for debate or release on thoughts. My bf now is very smart but likes to play dumb which is very annoying but when I need to talk about the importance of certain life topics or need a good debating convo I can always count on him. It helps my brain release stress.

• I value "sweetness" and work ethic more than I do intelligence, though it's important to share common interests. Conversations don't need to be intellectually stimulating - I have enough friends and co-workers for that - but I feel it's important to feel like you can connect to your partner on a deeper, even spiritual level, when discussing things sometimes.

• Intelligence important to me. He doesn't have to be a genius or anything. But like you mentioned in the poll, having common interests and having a meaningful conversation with them would be nice haha.

• Intelligence is important to me**
      haha I can't type tonight lol

• Yeah, it's a definite one for me. I would like to talk to someone who has opinions, but also know things that I don't know so i can learn knew things. I don't want him to be a jerk who feels superior that his GPA is higher than gas prices tho.

• I think it is very important. I would like to add heart too. A good heart stands pretty good with an intelligence.

• I think intelligence is important although the willingness to learn is more important.