Would you date an unattractive person?

If you met a very unattractive person is there any way you would go out on a date with him. Like do they even have a chance or do they have to meet your look standards first.

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's truly a VERY unattractive person then as much as I hate to admit it if they walked up to me and asked me if I wanted to go out sometime my knee-jerk response would be no. Or actually perhaps stunned silence, people don't ask me out much in the first place so I'd probably stutter a lot and mumble before saying no.

However he could combat that negative trait by being out of the ordinary and funny and letting me get to know that side of him and THEN ask me out I'd probably say yes. If you enjoy spending time with someone and they make you laugh and feel good then the physical aspect is downplayed (though not saying it doesn't matter at all).

What Girls Said 6

• Honestly, you have to be with someone that appeals to you. At least someone that you would like to be with, and be proud to be with. So you can show that girl to mom and dad, and siblings, and they would approve. They don't have to look like Paris Hilton or Brad Pitt, but someone that arouses you and turns you on.

• I do think personal appearance is important. I mean, everyone has a style and it depends on what style the person in question is into. For example, a goth might not think an emo is attractive and vice versa. The point is, keep your style tight, clean shaven, and present the person inside and create the attractive factor.

• I have liked this guy in my school who wasn't very cute or hot (however you say it) but once I got to know him I started to like him, I liked his personality and fell for it. So guys don't always have to be Brad Pitt to go out with!!

• If I knew him well and liked his personality I would go out with him. If he was very outgoing and had a cool personality I wouldn't care as much about appearance. But if a really ugly guy that I didn't know that well asked me out I would more than likely say no. But if he has self-confidence and a good personality looks don't matter as much.

• Would you date someone who looked like Gilbert Gottfried but was in your age group? :)

• Who is Gilbert Gottfried?

• Yes. Looks have nothing to do with the person inside!

• I disagree to some extent. How you present yourself does reflect a great deal of who you are. If you are a college grad and still having a full blown mohawk, it reflects a very young and rebellious maturity level still trapped inside.

• I like people for their insides not for their looks . Sure I may find their looks funny or strange-but I won't hold it against them

• Hey the looks are you talking about his style of dressing or his face because if is his face then what you wrote is not entire true girls always go for the cute or average guy the same as guy for the girls cuties and averagely doable( you can do with )

• If I am not attracted to a guy, there is no way that I'm going out with him. I believe that saying " beauty is in the eye of the beholder" you may think that he is unattractive, but for others he is. There are even times that once you get to know the person, he's starting to grow in you and eventually look better in your eyes.

What Guys Said 3

• GIJoe,

Isn't that a contradiction that you posed there as a question? If a girl/boy finds somebody not attractive then they wouldn't be going on a date.

Unless it is a blind-date, it is pretty much assumed that both parties passed the first test which is that they liked what they saw and they see a potential partner in each other.

You'll never hear people say, bud, I met this dog on the subway the other day and her and I went out last night. It's usually, I was setup on a blind date with a dog the other day and I swear, if it had been a full moon, she'd be howling all night.

So my answer is, no, I don't believe it for one second if someone tells me that they would date - of their own free will - an unattractive person they just met.

• Understand this, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.confidence is attractive. not the fact you don't look like a model. I've seen some ugly, fat and otherwise not "standard pretty boys" with some beautiful girls- all they did was belly up to the bar and ask them out..

• Girls your age are shallow and will want an "attractive" guy.