How do I cancel a first date politely?

3 weeks ago I met a guy through a mutual friend while I was home from college for the weekend. We all went out to a bar and the guy and I kinda hit it off. Now I'm home for the summer and he wants to hang out. We made plans tonight to hang out tomorrow. Then around 1130 pm he texted me and was asking personal questions, like do I like cuddling and what am I looking for in a relationship. I briefly responded and said goodnight. He hadn't been this forward/weird until now and now I'm just not feeling it at all and don't want to hang out with him tomorrow. I feel awful that it will be last minute but how do I cancel in the morning? Or should I still go and keep it short? I don't want to lead him on

Most Helpful Guy

• sounds like he likes you more than you him. So the real question is do you like him. If you don't feel anything at all then text him that 'you don't want to lead him on and does he mind if you don't get together' If he is reasonable and not some crazy person he will take it on the chin and get the message. He will also regret asking you those things and be less full on in the future. Good luck

What Guys Said 2

• what ever you decide is nicer than just ignoring him LOL

• Tell him you forgot yup had an abortio appointment that you can't reschedule.

What Girls Said 1

• ”something suddenly came up”