Why does my sister's misogynist cheating husband have a problem with what my nieces wear?

He's pretty strict with my nieces and they are 6 and 8. I can picture it already when they get older. They can't wear dresses or skirts to school. My dad is the same way he was strict with what we wore. Yet my dad was a cheater too. If he thought it was short he was quick on telling us to change. I agree with my nieces not wearing anything inappropriate but I don't get this. My sister is a little more lenient if they want to wear not a short but a normal skirt to school. They object women yet when their daughters want to dress certain ways they have a big problem with it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not respecting women doesn't mean he can't care about a woman. They still care about some females, and may be worried about a guy as rotten as themselves will hurt them. Being selfish and cheating doesn't mean they don't care about their kids at all. We could accuse all of the women that file for divorce as not caring about their child for splitting up the family. They are after all putting their own happiness before their children. The fact is everyone cares about making themselves happy. It has nothing to do with misogyny.

• I don't feel everyone cares about making themselves happy only selfish people care about that. A woman filing for divorce can't be compared to a cheater. A cheater has a family but is instead putting his Time, Money and Value in his own needs. This person is better off single because they need these other people to stroke their egos. A woman or man filing for divorce is running away from pain inflicted in them by a pretender. Normally when a cheater stays it's for their own benefit. Be it to look normal to society, financial reasons or sex.

• That is a completely different subject then. I thought we were talking about why people left.

• So you agree most marriages are bs.

What Guys Said 5

• Despite your judgement of these men for their behaviour with women they are actually doing something positive for these girls, these 'misogynists' are actually liberating these girls from the stereotypes that Feminism hates - pretty little skirts and sexualising young girls. They are using the supposed actions you say they do to protect their children and raise them free from the idea that girls need dresses to be pretty and go out.

• If there's one reason why I'd prefer to make even female children wear pants instead of skirts, is because of the untrustworthy people in society who see a skirt and tries to force themselves on the female at the first possible moment when nobody else sees it. Of course, this isn't really a case... hopefully, at the age of 6 and 8, but I wouldn't really trust the kids either in such an oversexualized and gender-polarized world with a bunch of people choosing to dismiss their empathy, self-control and moral judgement.

I don't really get what you're asking though, I don't see neither the misogyny nor the cheating here. Care to elaborate?

• He's cheated on my sister throughout the whole time they've been together and he objectifies women. He uses them and disposes of them.

• And yet, kids at the age of 11 and so are encouraged to use makeup by them being told by everyone how "pretty" they are.

As for the question at hand, I'm not sure. They're the only ones who can know what they think what the effects of wearing skirts would be for their female children.

• Not mine and you have to go by this case not bringing in other factors

• They're your kids why the hell do you care what your brother in law says?

• Wow, thats completely diff from my experience, my uncle never really cared what my cousin wore she wore dresses back when she was 4, now she wears pants and office lady skirts and my uncle doesn't mind

• Are you suggesting someone who has cheated is not capable of caring about their own children and wanting the best for them?

• Not if their willing to risk their family at such a price. They don't love their kids more than they love themselves.

• There is something called family and gossip. If that's the case than why doesn't he just go around being a player. He's scared of being looked bad in society.

• Cheaters like to be looked at as normal even though they aren't that's why they deny it when someone catches them. It's like an alcoholic they first need to acknowledge what they are. Other than that for them they are okay and aren't sick in the head.

What Girls Said 3

• I think the fact that they objectify women is the very reason they are overprotective. They knowewhat men are like because they judge them on themselves

• Its their children, they can raise them how they see fit. You dont have to agree or understand.

• My point is if you object women and than your daughter wants to wear something cute now you have a problem with. Double standard especially since your the same guy that like half naked women and treats them as objects yourself.,

• You need to get a life. You views are yours and you aren't going to change mine or anyones. Just because You think your way is Right doesn't make it right.

• Same to you, and all close-minded people who dismiss all information just because of their dogmatic assertion. But that wasn't even my point, screw the circumcision debate. What matters is that people CAN be called out on things they are doing wrong, IF it is wrong. Would you just close your eyes if you saw someone physically abusing their children, act like nothing is done?

• I think it's ok not to allow children to wear clothing that could be provocative, as long as it's not overdone and completely blown out of proportions. I think children's clothing these days ain't as good as they were back then when I was little, which wasn't too long ago.
    Anyways, I think man who objectify other women and then go all crazy about what their daughters wear should think twice before they speak.