Why does everyone one do this?

When a woman cheats everyone and I mean everyone points fingers and calls her out. Yet when a man cheats some people call him out others just find it normal. Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is this impression on society that guys are just going to cheat but women never will. That's so obviously not the case, but that is the impression that society has. Women should be the ones that are waiting at home for their man, not going out and finding a new one. What too many people don't realize is that women and men have the same needs. I've met girls that want more sex than I do and I've met guys who want no sex. But society would have us believe that females are the purer gender and can control their lusts in ways men could never hope to do. At the end of the day, we are all animals, none of us can really control what we want.

It's the stigma that pushes everyone to point fingers. With so much demand for equality on all sides, anything that can show the other side isn't better can be construed as a victory. Women like to say that you need to keep an eye on your man so he doesn't cheat, men like to point fingers when women cheat. It's all a game to people.

My answer: men are often accused and suspected of cheating. When they cheat everyone expects it. Women are held to a higher standard by both men and women. When they cheat, everyone likes to jump on it to make themselves feel better.

• Well written.

• I thank you. This is actually something I struggle with myself. I was raised by a feminist and a sarcastic (lovable) asshole of a dad. Father doesn't understand women all that much and Mother sees sexism where there isn't any. Childhood was interesting. But it allowed me to clearly see two very different, and often warring, sides of society. If you were to ask me, a woman cheating isn't much different than a guy cheating. Most of the time it arises from problems in a relationship. Sometimes they are just weak and need something new. Gender here doesn't matter much, the cause and result are similar enough that we should ignore the gender of the cheater. When there's a problem in a relationship, words are the answer, not random sex.

What Guys Said 7

• It has to do with the taboos on female sexuality and gender biases. Men are expected not to be able to control themselves and women are expected to be innocent and sexually repressed. It's unflattering to both of us in fact. I'm convinced it's because we want to control women's sexuality, which is why there's the expectation that women don't cheat. I'm also convinced women cheat as much as men and maybe a little more, actually. I really believe that. I think guys are in denial a LOT and that makes it easier. People take advantage of opportunities. So I think women may even cheat a little bit more.

• Not in my circle of friends, I am very openly hostile to people who cheat with no remorse. I don't really do the "guy talk" thing and brag about sexual exploits, I think it is stupid and lacks respect.
    If you cheat, fuck you, no matter who you are, you could have just broke up with them instead of cheat on them.
    Cheaters, manipulators, and liars are people I have not time for, and if I see people playing these games, I try to fuck up their game. If somebody is asks me to "cover" for them I don't, I tell on them.

Lets put all the cheaters, manipulators, and liars on a island, and blowup the island.

• I have never met anyone that finds a man cheating to be normal. Cheating may be a common problem, but i've never seen or heard anyone point fingers at one particular gender.

• I think all cheaters are morally bankrupt.

• The problem is of course not that you had sex with someone else behind your partner's back, but that you did it behind their back without them knowing, and deceived them into thinking everything is perfectly okay.

• Pretty much. I agree they are the ones that are running the world.

• That's an overstatement, people who enforce adherence to traditional gender stereotypes/expectations are worse.

• Is that happening? I haven't noticed this at all.
    Are there examples that you can think of? Are there specific people that flip flop based on gender?

• Because men r more likely to cheat.due to testosterone

• But women can actually hide their infidelity more easy due to their physiology, it is estimated that 1/5 of the world population does not have the father they think they have

• That is a big fraction

• I agree cheaters always drive other people to do the same.

• Cheaters are morons irrespective of gender.

What Girls Said 1

• I think people believe it is more common/acceptable for men to cheat and get away with it.