Bf making jokes about babies lately?

I've been with my bf for almost 2 years now and within the last dew months, he's been making comments about babies.

He'll say things like our baby would be..., or if we have sex and he finishes inside he'll say things like you're trying to have my baby aren't you.

What is going on? You don't think he thinks I want go purposely get pregnant do you? We use protection , im on the pill. I definitely do not want kids anytime soon.

Why do you think he's saying these things recently?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it kind of sounds like he's saying these things to get a response? It may not be that he specifically *wants* a baby immediately, or is trying to get you pregnant. It could just be that he views your relationship as serious, and is trying to get a reaction out of you to find out how committed you are to him long term or to find out is that something you see happening with him one day, without having to lay his feelings out there and have a full on conversation, or get rejected in some way.
    If it really bothers you , or makes you uncomfortable ( i for one would be totally weirded out about baby making being mentioned during sex, unless we were trying to conceive) I would suggest definitely asking him about it, and mention that you find it hard to relax during sex when he says that kind of stuff, hopefully he'll either explain it, or just say he's joking, take the hint and not do it again.

What Guys Said 3

• I think he's starting to think about reproducing. People have those thoughts and it's not really rational, it's just an emotional thing, but because that can be hard to judge people often take "I want a kid" as "I should have a kid" and that's not good for anyone. You don't want kids and I assume he knows that so if he does that's just emotions talking. You don't mean anything like those dead baby jokes or anything off-color like that, right? Just stuff like "you want to have my baby?" If that's right then I think the best idea would be to say something like "Oh God, wouldn't that would be a disaster right now? Glad we decided to wait, aren't you?" and just let him know you're not into the idea at all and he has to accept that for now.

I should also say that you're probably going to get some pressure from someone to have a kid. We're progressing but we're still a very nuclear family-obsessed culture. Even if your friends are having kids and your parents want you to go ahead and have one and your boyfriend wants it and you're having your doubts and things are reminding you of babies, et cetera, et cetera, you have to wait until you're ready or it's going to be a big problem for you and your boyfriend because having kids is a big, big deal and when you do it for any other reason than being genuinely in a good place to have one it's just so damned hard you wouldn't believe. If you feel pressured don't give in. Don't create another life because you feel bad about yourself. I'm happy you plan to wait until you're ready but other people might not be. Don't let them screw you over.

• maybe he's the one who wants the kids. he is the one mentioning it first haaha. I think he wants a baby.

• It's probably just cause he loves you if it bothers you tell him that it bothers you.

What Girls Said 5

• Seeing your age bracket and assuming your boyfriend is older or close in age it sounds like he is wanting to start a family. This is something you and your boyfriend need to talk about. Time to talk about plans for the future. Do you want children eventually maybe in the next 3 to5 yrs? These are the things you both need to talk about and what about marriage?

• He may be considering having kids and wants you to be the mom. Tell him, if that's the case, to man up and marry you first. Let him know that you don't want kids right now, but eventually.

• I think he's the one who wants kids.

• i think he's the one that wants kids and he's making jokes about it to gauge your reaction

• sounds like he wants to have a baby :) my partner was like that a few years ago one night we had an argument and he got drunk and he was rambling on with things and out of the blue he said lets have a baby right now i want a baby and i am said i couldnt because i was on contraception. And another time we were watching a movie abot a couple having a baby (knocked up) and at the end of it he got really upset and he wanted a baby and a few months on i was pregnant. It was really cute. He is just dropping in hints towards you, he probably does not know how else to approach you but dont rush but take your time :)