Sex or love? Which one do you prefer?

Hi, i'm from Turkey and my question is about American Culture. My boyfriend said that "Americans are connetting to their lovers after the sex, nobody says "i love you" before sex, this is their culture" is that true? Sex is important for Turkish people too but we care about love more than sex. What about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• it's not really about "culture".. it's about personal preferences or understanding about it..
    Some people be it Turkish or American or any other race can view as sex is very important as it connects to intimacy and love, some people understand or percieve it the other way...
    No offense, I knew some turkish and kurdish and other culture who care more about sex than love... I've also known some Canadians here in their 30's who are still virgin because they have different view and understanding of sex and love..
    I think love and sex comes together.. and for me, I care about both.. i wouldn't have sex without love.. but i also do, show love and said i love you even without sex..

What Guys Said 8

• No, it can be both!

• This is correct in Canada anyway.

• Pretty true yeah

• "nobody says "i love you" before sex, this is their culture"
    Your boyfriend is badly misinformed.

• he did this comment according to American movies. American movies are directing cultures as wrong, i guess.

• Well, I've never really done either...but sex seems so much more exciting!!

• Both, preferably

• Sex: love.

• Oh boy...Don't take that personally :).

On a biological and chemical level, the sex is technically the connecting factor.

It sounds like a number of people feel that relationships are emotionally stressful, and prefer to strait up get "no strings attached" sex.

The point is, the value on sex and love is relative.

In my world, I don't think they could be mutually exclusive.

What Girls Said 2

• Love is more important to me but I did have sex with my bf before we were in love. That doesn't mean I put sex first though, it just means sex and love walk hand in hand.

• ok i understand you. but i couldn't do sex before i fell in love. this is happening from culture differences, i guess.

• I think your culture is much better on that :)

• I care about love waaayyyy more than sex. However sex is one of the BEST ways to form that intimate connection with someone and show them how much you love them. The two should go hand in hand, really. :)