Been trying to buy the odd girl a drink when at bar but not having any success?

you think it be easy to find a girl who wanted a free drink when at the bar but I keep getting shot down when ever I ask. and I've been asking girls I actually talked to and appeared interested in me yet each time they reject the idea usually politely and then just move on for rest of night. it was like it was a bad idea to even ask. I had though at time it would show them I was interested in them and willing to spend money on them. but whole thing seemed to give off wrong vibe or they felt uncomfortable with it.

so yeah based on my less than successful results should I just stop asking girls if they want a drink and just focus on talking to them instead? what are your thoughs? or was it ok to ask them , they just weren't interested in me enough to say yes at time

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate guys buying me drinks. Too many guys use it to make you feel like you "owe" them the entire night's attention (which sucks if you're there with a friend) or worse, sexual favors.

I'd focus on just chatting for a while and getting their numbers. If she's out with friends, she likely wants to hang with them.

• I'm not good at getting #'s either but I don't ask that often for them. it depends on the girl maybe cause I know some who often are ok with guys buying them drinks but almost use them for free drinks

• well I wasn't really drinking at the time anyways as I had drove to town and they were really good looking so I let it pass at time , I don't find good looking girls to hang out with everyday

• You sound like you deserve more than to be used! One drink is polite. More than that and she should be buying every other round if she is interested in your company.

What Girls Said 4

• Something must be 'off' with your timing. You should never appear to be to eager to buy a girl a drink in this day and age. I'd hold off until it's as natural as possible like you've been talking a while and her glass is empty then ask. Some guys seem to use it as a line instead an act of kindness.

• I wondered about that too , its tough to know when to ask. I don't think they had drinks when I asked. maybe I appeared too eager. I'm not exactly sure , maybe they saw me as more of a friend at time not knowing I wanted more

• Girls often say no but they still appreciate the offer. You don't have to stop, just maybe have more convo first and if u want it to continue then offer the drink.

• maybe it's how you're asking them... but i think most girls will say no because taking your offer will make you think they really like you and that they're one step closer to going home with you

• You might be saying it in a weird way or too early in the conversation they might think you'll roofie them or expect sex in return for buying them drinks that night and before you say that's paranoid thinking it happens a lot. This past year my friend has had her drink spiked twice, once she saw him and once we were with her and took her home as soon as she said she felt really dizzy and tired

What Guys Said 1

• yeah just talk. thats your best bet

• I do talk to them that doesn't seem to be an issue , the one girl I had talked to for like 15 minutes on patio and then saw her at bar later in night and she still said no to drink