Should I let my girlfriend's secret slide?

My girlfriend and I (both of us 16) have been dating for 2 months now, our I guess you could say 2 month anniversary was 3 days ago. Today, she confessed to me that about a year before she met me, she sent nudes to two guys, 16 and 19 (separate times) that she met on instagram. They pressured her into it by sending nudes of themselves and she said she was naive and didn't want to seem rude, so she sent nudes back. She said that after her parents caught her having an online relationship with some pedophile 20 years old, they took her phone away and now she has to use an iPhone 3 with no special features or apps. She tells me she loves me and I appreciate that she told me. She said she doesn't want to send nudes to me right now because of the way those guys treated her after she sent the pictures. They immediately stopped talking to her and she's afraid of getting caught by her parents. Her relationship with me is a secret. Should I let the fact that she ever sent nudes slide, or what? I really love her and I'm pretty sure she loves me back because she seemed pretty desperate not to lose me when she confessed it and apparently I'm the only one who knows.

I sent her this after she confessed to me. "We all make mistakes, but the past is in the past and you learn from your mistakes. I want to be your best-friend, and your loving companion until forever ends. I love you, don't ever forget that."
No I have not asked for nudes, she just felt like she had to tell me why she hasn't sent anything explicit.

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, you should feel honored that she trusts you enough to tell you something that she clearly doesn't feel good about. What's in the past is in the past, and that is pretty darn tame as far as secrets go.

I'm tempted to go on a rant about why you shouldn't send nudes in the first place ( a) The two of you could actually be charged with production/possession of child pornography; b) If someone nabs your phone, those pictures could end up online, which would be humiliating for her; c) It's just such a cold and impersonal way to express feelings), but I'll leave that for the parentheses since it's probably not going to help my answer.

If she doesn't feel comfortable sending nude pictures to you then you should respect that. You should never make a girl feel pressured into doing something sexual that she doesn't want to do. And you should absolutely never feel as though you are entitled to something sexual in a relationship. That's her choice, and a real man respects that.

What Girls Said 10

• Let it go. It happened before you andit's really not that big of a deal when it comes to your relationship with her.

• It was obviously an impulsive mistake. She is young, people make mistakes so yes I think you shouldn't let it bother you. It seems like you're asking for nudes though? I would just be a gentleman and not trying to get any from her bc of her age and past. Also, if you have to keep the relationship a secret i dont see it working out. How about just try out being friends until she gains trust back with her parents

• She's already deep in love with me and I am with her as well. No turning back now lol

• She's a good girl. Forget about it completely. It's probably something you didn't like to hear, but her honesty is gold. Have a good relationship :)

• Let it go, if you're still with her and you love her, she loves you, forgive her and move on. Keep loving her until the very end. Good luck!

• She's such a great girl for telling you this. This only means she's honest with you and she really cares for you! Hold on to her. The nudes are not so big of a deal, we all make mistakes :)

• Definitely let it go. My boyfriend and I have similar problems cause Never in 3 years have i sended him any pictures like that. I simy dont like it. Dont be mad at her.. just understand her. Im sure whenever she feels ready she'll send you one or even talk more openly about it. Just dont stress it, things happen for a reason :)

• Let it go, you shouldn't force her to repeat actions that obviously make her feel guilty

• That's in the pass... that has nothing to do with you
    Just ignore it

• "and now she has to use an iPhone 3" ah first world problems. I can't get over that. Like an iPhone 3 is a punishment! lol

Anywho...just let it go. If you want to be mature, you're not allowed to judge a person for an action they did before they met you. If you want to be immature, well...judge away.

• People make heaps of mistakes so, let it go.

What Guys Said 6

• What the hell dude why do you need nude pictures off her? And what do you mean let it slide? You will leave her if she doesn't send you nude pictures? Oh sorry didn't realise your under 18 and still a child;) that explains your childish behaviour

• I don't need them, she just felt the need to explain why she hasn't sent any. I love her and would stay with her through it all.

• The past is the past if it doesn't still affect them. Personally I think she is a weak girl. She got pressured into sending nudes, get that junk out of here. She had a choice, they did not have a gun to her head. She sounds like a weak insecure girl and those are the type of girls that are floozy and will leave you in a heartbeat. I speak from personal experience. I hope she truly has learned, good luck..but red flag buddy don't fall too hard too fast

• Yeah man let that shit slide. Really there's a lot more a person could have done in their past far more unforgivable than this

• Ya man. Nudes are nothing. It's not like she sucked off a football team.

• Sounds like she learned her lesson.

• Let it go. If I did this I wouldn't tell but she must really care if she told you the truth.