How do I tell this black guy I don't want to go out with him?

okay so I'm white and this black guy asked me out at school. I was nervous when he asked me so I rushed out of the classroom and told him I'll see him later. I have a feeling he's going to ask me out again tomorrow at school ugh. To be honest I'm not attracted to black guys. How do I tell him I'm not attracted to him without sounding rude? I was thinking of telling him I don't date outside my race which would be telling the truth, but he might shout at me and call me a racist. how do I deal with this? please help me

How do I rate answers on here?
oh wait never mind there's a Most Helpful thing

Most Helpful Girl

• This does not make you a racist, you can't control what you are and aren't attracted to.
    If he asks you out again, apologize and tell him that you just don't see him that way and that you are simply not interested.

What Guys Said 20

• Just say you're not interested in him. Simple. No need to go into detail. If he asks , just say you don't find him attractive and keep moving on with your life.

• Don't treat him differently.. Just tell him you're not interested the same you'd do anyone else..

• "I'm sorry, I'm not interested."

Simple as that.

• I would suggest you reject him the same way you reject anyone else.

Now, as for not dating outside your race, that might be racist or it might not be. Why don't you date outside of your race?

• Reject this guy like u would anyone else.

Why are u making this unnecessarily racial, like black guys are somehow a different species?

• racist:) racistracistracistracistracistracistracistracistracistracist

• "Listen, it's not that I don't like you, it's just. I don't like black people."

• Same way you tell a white guy...

• Be like "I value our friendship."

If you don't know him, say you're not interested.

• Damn. You're joooocy.

"I'm already dating noblesse."

• "I'm not interested."

• as others have said - just say you aren't interested. you wouldn't be lying and it's kind of impossible to refute (unless a guy is super desperate or persistent)

• Be direct and refuse him and tell him that u dont wanna go outside u r not comfortable with him xD

• Treat him like you would any one else, if be yells at you yell louder, dont be bullied or guilted into anything that you will regret

• Just tell him your not interested no other explanation is needed

• "i have a boyfriend"

• Most white girls date white guys anyways, just tell him you don't date interracially. If he has a problem with you dating your own race then he is in fact the racist.

• I find it so comical that so many young white people have taken a particular liking to calling black people racists for the past 2 almost 3 years - even if they aren't. It's like, where does a person even begin... what a wasted effort - what a total lost cause.

• restraining order!

now you have to change your most helpful opinion

your welcome

• Just tell him, you're not interested.

What Girls Said 20

• When people only date their own they are limiting their options.
    There's so much great people out there but you won't date them because of their skin.
    But you are allowed to have a preference.
    I wouldn't call that racist because you're not standing there, saying
    your race is better.

Just say, "I'm not ready for a relationship." and leave it at that.
    Don't go into an elaborate story about why.
    He'll eventually find someone that likes him and doesn't care about his race.

• I would rather limit my options to people I'm actually attracted to than be open to people that I have no attraction to.

• You do realize that the majority of people only date their own race right? are they limiting their options too? There's many diverse people in one's own racial group to choose from. It would be odd for someone to date outside their race.

• I live in nyc. So I disagree with you completely. Interracial couples are very common.
      I think you are missing the entire point. There's nothing wrong with dating your own race. But if you're single and you shoot people down based on the fact that they aren't ur race, that is limiting your options. You didn't even give the person a chance.

• tell him straight forward in a careless serious way. and don't need to tell him "I'm not attracted to black guys", you don't "need" to generalize even if you're not attracted to all of them sexually. just tell him "I'm not attracted to you" as you may tell to a white boy that's not attractive to you. and if he tried to call you racist ignore him and call him racist abusing his skin colour and trying to gain something by accusing others to Racism.

• yes for sure you will be considered as racist...just tell him you are already with someone or tell him you aren't interested in relationships..or something like that...if you tell him you don't like black dude you will be called a fucking racist

• I don't see how it's racist but I guess others feel that way.

• Race shouldn't have anything to do with how you reject someone. Christ

• There's definitely some racial prejudice in the answer for this reason

• How you reacted was kind of racist and from your reaction he's probably gotten the point. Color and ethnic background has nothing to do with him being a person and any other guy. Just say nice of you to ask but no thank you.

• girl just say you are not interested, no need to say you don't date out of race just sayin sorry i don't see you as more than friend.

• I'm not attracted to black guys either. A lot of them seem most likely to ask a girl out and be upfront which is why I don't date that often because I get asked out by a lot of black guys. Just kindly turn him down you don't have to tell him why. Just tell him you are flattered but you do not like him in that way

• What the hell is wrong with you? Go travel and see life outside of your teeny little hometown of 5,075. Good grief, I just don't understand it. o.O

• I live in big city with many different races.

• I'm not being "mean" - I called you out for subjecting us all to your utter ignorance while trying to justify that it is a reasonable thing to say, let along share. I'll have you know that black people are very much aware to prejudiced/racist situations. I would not be shocked if the idea that you might not like black guys didn't cross his mind a few times before he even asked you out. I'd put money on it.

• Again with the racist crap, this was not a prejudice/racist situation. Stop reading into things that aren't there.

• black guys are hot

• Wow why did you have to state that it's a black guy? He is no different than others. I'm sure there are white guys who don't appeal to you, how would you have answered them? There is no problem with you not being attracted to black guys, the deal here is why is he any different than many white guys you're not attracted to? That's actually kinda racist. From what I read down here you're not realizing that the problem isn't that you aren't attracted to black guys, there is no problem with that, i'll admit it myself white guys are more attractive. The problem is that you had to treat this case in a different way that you would if it was a white guy, one that you weren't attracted to. I hope you understand i'm not trying to be mean or whatever, just giving my opinion in something on the way you dealt with this situation.

• Just say I'm not interested.

• The same way you would any guy?
    His skin colour shouldn't effect how you speak to him.

• Just be honest and tell him that you're not ready to start a relationship.

• You really don't need to bring race or attraction up at all, this does not at all make you racist. I'd just tell him I think were better off as friends.

• You just kindly tell him you are not interested in him. You don't have to mention his race.

• She's mentioned it to us and probably close friends of hers, so for that alone, I think she should be honest with him. But then again, deep down inside, she probably enjoys the attention.

• No. No need to say "I don't like you cuz you're black. " regardless of who knows

• Same... as you would tell any other guy, that you are not intetested...

• Hehe, I thought you were green at first. Thanks for clearing that up. :)
    Just tell him you aren't interested. A simple", "thank, but no thanks." VoilĂ 

• Just tell him you aren't interested. You have your preferences but it may offend him

• It is racist actually. tell him the truth. Don't lie to him. I'd rather him know it's because he's black than for him to keep asking you out.

• as youd tell any other dude you're not interested