Is it weird for a 27 year old guy to date a 23 year old girl?

I just met a new guy and I have a huge crush on him, but he is 27 and I'm 23. I've always thought I was mature for my age, but is this too big of a gap?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 16

• I'm five years older than my gf. We met when I was 27, about to turn 28, and she was 22, about to turn 23. Still together, 7 years later at 35 and 30. Excuse me, 35 and "29", haha. Better get used to saying 29 for a few years, hahaha.

• That's not a big gap at all. I wouldn't even say it was a big gap if you were 19 or 20. That's about average I would thing. I've dated a 18-19 year old when I was 25-26. I didn't think that was a big deal neither did anyone else.

• My parents are 6 1/2 years apart, had 5 kids together, still happily married after 20+ years...

Age means nothing.

• It's weird that you think four years could be too much of a gap in your twenties.

• That's not too big of a gap at all.

• Both of you are over 18 which is legal, so easily not weird weird. Also its a like 4 year gap I mean is that big of a difference. It isn't like he's 7-10 years older. Also both of you are still young. Just dating and see if older age to see if he more mature than some other guys

• not at all

• its not a bad gap. its legal, its moral but at the same time, you're still both kind of at different stages in your life. id say go for it, see what happens

• No age is just a number and as long you both get along I would say go for it

• Why would that be weird?

• nope... my gf is in her early 30's

• No, it's not weird..

• nahh, small gap. If its not more than 6 years its ok for me.

• I don't think it is at all. I've dated 19 years at 27 and that was too much it seemed..

• No, it isn't.

• No, it's perfectable acceptable. You're both adults and the age gap is barely noticeable. If you like each other, then what are you waiting for? Go for it.

What Girls Said 9

• No, that's only a four-year difference at your ages, it's not a big deal. Date who you want.

• No, at your age that's not a huge gap at all.

• No it isn't weird it would be if both of you were younger lets say a 17 year old and a 21 year old. Anyway it's a a perfectly acceptable age gap.

• No, I don't think so, personally. It's not really age that matters--I guess it's whether or not both of you are at similar stages in life, mentally, financially, e. t. c. Good luck. :)

• No, not at all. if he was 18 and you were 14 i would say different but your both adults. GO FOR IT!!!

• I think it's extremely normal. There are couples that are happy, and got HUGE age differences. 4 years is perfect.

• 4 years isn't a big gap.

• That's not weird at all

• No, 4 years is not that big deal. It sounds like it's a big age difference but it's not too bad. I would say that max is 6 years (for me).