Would you date a guy who had an abusive past with an ex girlfriend and was arrested for domestic violence?

girls, how would you feel about dating a guy with an abusive and violent past? there's a guy I know who was recently arrested for domestic assault against his girlfriend of almost 4 years who I know for a fact was amazing and so good to him. he hit her pretty hard to the point where she had to go get a cat scan and her jaw was messed up. would you date a guy who was known for having a past like that? would you even consider it or totally write him off?

guys, what if (god forbid) you have a history like that? how would you handle it with girls? would you try to keep it from them or be upfront and honest about it?

thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well luckily I'm not such an irrespective dumbass that I would punch people in the face because I lack proper self-control, and the morality to prevent myself from causing physical harm to another person, especially my significant other.

Like, what sort of f***ed up psychopath do you have to be for that? Those people don't deserve to be spoken to by anyone, and definitely don't deserve a second chance. They wouldn't be able to hold themselves back, anyways.

What Guys Said 5

• And all God's people said, "Hell no!"

And half the girls said, "Oh, why not? I'm sure he's a good guy at heart!"

• never ever... maybe if he could prof by a psychologist that he has no more issues

• I'm not a girl but that dosent matter. The answer is you shouldn't.

• Sounds like the perfect choice for a girl with a wish to become a punching bag.
    The guy is jail material, not dating material.
    Write this loser off, pronto.

• There's no way you should date a person who you know is violent.

What Girls Said 9

• No. Why would I set myself up for an abusive relationship?

• As a woman who has been smacked around, I would have to say a big fat no to this one.

• Why would you even ask such a thing, you should know the answer.

• Some questions are very easy for me to answer. This is one of them.

Answer: No, I wouldn't.

• I wouldn't. It's likely to happen again.

• Helllll no. Why was she even with him? Ridiculous!

• Not a chance.

• No I wouldn't this kind of behavior is repetitive. Their strength lies on controlling people by force or physical violence at some point. Next thing you know, you are in a hospital badly injured by this kinda abusive guys. Thats a no, No!

• this girl did go to the hospital and racked up a $2000 medical bill that he refused to pay for because she was stupid and dropped the charges against him :(

• I know, and he hasn't apologized to her or thanked her for dropping the charges, and now she has hospital and medical bills to pay from when he hit her.

• Sorry to hear that. Set this as an example to you, ask yourself if you really want or need this in your life. Make yourself a favor stay away from him. Good luck !:)

• I have and he never hurt me

• how did you know he had a violent / abusive past? are you still with him?

• how long were you with this guy?

• 2 years