I feel I don't make enough money to keep dating boyfriend of two years... should I break up with him?

We live 1.5 hrs away from one another and see each only on the weekends... otherwise we Skype through the week. I am going through a nasty separation and have many expense and he still lives at home in his mother's basement. He comes here on the weekends and then I have the added expense of groceries and other things. It is embarrassing to admit this, but I am struggling and I don't think he gets it.

UPDATE: I told him that I needed his help. Did I hate saying that? Absolutely, but I have him opening up his wallet and helping me out. I think he actually likes knowing that I appreciate him and that we are in this thing together. :-)

Most Helpful Guy

• If this isn't a problem between you two, I think you can workout it with him. I understand things are hard but explain it to him if you feel he isn't taking you seriously enough But dont make a rash decision because you're under stress. He's your boyfriend for a reason, express your frustration with him so you two can work together to overcome it.

• I agree somewhat with what you are saying, but living with his Mom his whole life has done him no favors and he has no idea what the real world is like. It is embarrassing for me to show myself in this way,

• He will understand eventually but your boyfriend is someone you're supposed to confine in. Yeah I get that he should be independent but because he doesn't have the same experience in that category oppose to you, doesn't mean you should think he is incapable of learning or understanding.

• thanks for M. H =]

What Guys Said 3

• I think his baggage is about as much as yours. You got marriage your still not over with
    Why would he have to live in his moms basement? This is commonly said about grown
    males who live with their mothers! He shouldn't come to your place with no food , no drink
    he could bring you groceries, I'm sure some sugar daddy could be found out there you
    got give little ya know what i mean. My cousin she had her share of sugar daddies and
    sugar mommas LMAO

• has he money problems too?

• He buys whatever he wants, when he wants... that's part of the problem... he's not living in the real world. He's 49 and never left home, so he doesn't know what it is like to struggle. We have been talking about buying a house together, but I'm not so sure.

• i didn´t mean only buying a house to live together (also if he never left his parents basement, it will be a heavy struggle to teach him caring for the own household) i meant did you tell him, that it´s expensive for you and that he should carry more of the cost?

• How close are you?

Maybe ask him to move in with you if you really like him. But if that's not an option, explain the finances and/or leave him.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm glad it worked out and you were honest with him about the situation

• He's your boyfriend, he should be helping you.

• If he doesn't help you at all economically then what is the point to be with him? He does?