What is the nicest religious person that you have met in your life?

I was just wondering, out of your experience what is the person who was religious person you have met. I myself am a christian, and I am told I am very nice.

what i meant was, is Buddhist. christian. Islam. Mormon. out of all religions, what is the nicest, if that's understandable.

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh, I've known lots of great religious people. My mother is one, but I confess I'm biased. When I was a boy, I was raised a Catholic, and I had the privilege to know many fine people who taught me my catechism who were all very religious.

Father Joe, for one. He was one of the kindest men I ever met. Father Delaney. He gave one of the most profound and stirring sermons about the hatred in Northern Ireland. Great man, and he was so funny! One of my CCD teachers, Mrs. Tetarika (I'm not sure if I'm spelling that right) was very patient and very kind. She would stay well after class answering my many questions to the best of her ability. Sister Martinez was very kind. She defied the stereotype that nuns are unattractive women with a face only Jesus could love. My God she was breathtakingly beautiful! She was also very sweet and she could play the guitar very well, including Flamenco. My friend's mother, Mrs. Silverman, was so very kind. She invited me over for her family's Passover Seder. Her son, Michael, was very kind to me. He gave me gifts for Xmas, which being very young and naïve, I thought was breaking some sort of Jewish law! The rabbi at Mike's barmitzvah seemed like a cool guy, though I only met him just that one time. He was a holocaust survivor and a fascinating man. I could have talked with him for hours! My piano teacher. Miss Barvik was Russian Orthodox (a rarity, since communism did it's damndest to erase religion). She was patient with me and she was a brilliant pianist. She opened my heart and mind to the world of classical music for the piano, something of which I am eternally grateful for. My current supervisor is a devout Christian who recently returned from missionary work in Indonesia. She is wonderfully kind and she has donated time and money to improving the lives of children in third world countries. Her daughters have done likewise and are two of the kindest and remarkable young women I've met. I could go on, but I won't.

What Girls Said 8

• The nicest people I've met are atheists. doesn't really matter if you're religious or not and what religion you believe in, there are nice people who are religious , there are also nice people who are not. What matters is being nice. Not being religious.

• I guess I've been lucky enough to meet quite a few religious people who aren't nutty, overbearing and judgmental. I'm not sure who the nicest would be...

• My grandma is very Catholic... but she doesn't judge anyone, when I told her that I was Atheist, the only thing she said was "do you think I care?". Lol, I love my grandma

• I've met really nice religious and non religious people in my life. I don't think it matters. Nice people are everywhere.

• I don't know. I know so many nice religious people, I really couldn't decide who of them is the nicest one.

• I've met many nice religious people, I have never attributed their kindness to their religion.

• My Bishop and his whole family are the nicest people I've ever met- they love everyone and are always smiling and encouraging and don't judge people. I'm an Apostolic Pentecostal btw.

• I don't know its not something i ask someone when i meet them... religion has no influence on how nice someone is or isnt...

What Guys Said 1

• I'd say my great uncle. He knows a lot from the Bible to stuff like war stories.