Are you attracted to people who resemble your parents?

A friend told me that there was this weird study which found that girls often go after guys like their dads, LOL. But personally I find it kind of a turn-off when I meet a guy who reminds me of my dad, both physically and character-wise. I get along fine with my dad so i don't have anything against him. Whatever study my friend was talking about, it weirded me out because I certainly do not go after guys who look like my dad. What about you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it is because it is easy to draw similarities between all people. If your dad was a convicted felon, and you marry a very law abiding man, they are still likely to have some similarities. Like, maybe the both like to garden or something. Researchers can find, whatever they set out to find. I think this taints their research. There my be some truth to it, since you are more likely to have something in common with someone that shares a trait with your parent, but I think they over exaggerate it.

What Guys Said 2

• I think it goes for the good qualities of your parent. And for what's lacking. Meaning you look for qualities in a partner that your parents didn't have

And no I don't pay attention to any of that personally

• Actually, ya.

What Girls Said 5

• I've paid a ton of attention to these things cause i read up a lot on psychology and sociology and i know about that study. the same goes for guys and their moms. in a sense its like the person who was bullied turns into the bully, or the one who was abused by a parent gets into abusive relationships. it is a pattern of sorts that people fall into. my dad and my boyfriend are very similar but not enough that it would creep me out. my dad is a carpenter and my bf wants to go into that, they both have blue eyes, they both goof around with me, they both have horrible grammar, they are both into vehicles, and they both love me. If my bf looked just like my dad that would freak me out, i steer him clear of any deodorants/colognes/body washes that would smell like my dad because that would freak me out too, but really the similarities are not alarming, theyre normal (clearly as the study has shown). my dad was the first man to ever love me so why wouldn't i want such love from a partner?

• That's. A HELL NO!

• In a way, yes.
    That sounds so weird lol

• Nope, my dad is way too much like me. I can't ever date someone that reminds of my dad.

• The way my folks behave? God no.