Guys would you ever date a girl with anxiety that has lead to depression?

So I was diagnosed with severe generalized anxiety and social anxiety. Both have lead to depression and the doctor found it was because I am not producing enough of a hormone so I am on meds but have to go to a psychologist to make sure the stuff works. Sometimes it's hard for me to be in social situations and sometimes I can seclude myself from others. It's frusterating to me cause I don't wanna feel this way but I do. Anyways once u get to know me I am a caring, out going loveable, decent normal looking girl. If u saw me on the street u'd never know. Also I've been working on overcoming and compensating for these

Most Helpful Guy

• I would never judge anyone on a date if I found out that they had depression or an anxiety disorder and like you said, it's hardly noticeable. Because of this, there's no real need to tell anyone. I suffered a lot when I was young because of my stammer and now it's barely there anymore, so I don't tell anyone about it. Get to know a guy you like, by message and face to face, go on a date if you like where things are going let it all unfold. If he's a good, honest and kind guy and if he likes you enough he won't worry one bit about your depression or anxiety

What Guys Said 5

• To be honest I would not, since for me it is important that my partner can lift my mood on a bad day, it's important we can have fun without having to worry too much. It differs when we started dating before the episodes ofcourse, but for me a girl suffering anxiety/depression will never be more than a good friend.

• Well that doesn't mean I can't lift other peoples moods I can goof off and have fun and am normal just when I Change doses an stuff is when it effects me if u met me u'd never no or guess b4 all of it and now my personality is in and always smiling I just don't produce enough seritonin

• Maybe you don't want the guys that would date someone in this fix, either b/c they are losers or they take advantage of you.
    Beyond the world of medicine, please consider also including a sport in your rehab, even if it's just dance classes. Also read how Teddy Roosevelt changed his health problems. Get well!

• Thanks I have I'm a swimmer so it helps a lot

• Me too but add another sport that's more social, more talking w/o water in mouth - swimmers are natural dancers by the way

• Yes many many guys would :) Do not let this worry you and as you said If anyone saw you on the street they would have no idea. And one day you'll meet a guy who has no idea and he will fall in love with you for who you are and when he finds out about your "condition" he will love you even more so honestly dont worry about it ok! :)

• I've head female friends who were on meds for depression and my elder sister was also, i wouldn't simply because of what i have already experienced and seen. Despite all of my best efforts to help my sister all have failed and she has no self motivation inner strength of will or self discipline, not to mention confidence or self belief. I simply cannot handle it despite being very strong myself

• Well thats not me like I said I've been on top of it and occasionally have bouts but I'm able to pull myself out of it. Sometimes I just require more paitence

• While I realise that not all people with depression will be the same, I still wouldn't risk it, I've been woken up in the night too many times by friends and my sister, it's very distressing

• I wouldn't. My friend is with someone who suffers from aniexty, depression and other stuff and it really is draining on him, emotionally and mentally, so after seeing what he goes through I wouldn't want to be in the same position as he is.

What Girls Said 0