How do I get rid of him?

Ok, a few weeks ago I met a guy online through Craigslist. We instantly hit it off and found out that we had so much in common and were immediately comfortable with each other. We texted back and forth a lot, flirting a ton, and there was talk about sex too. So a few days after I met him in person and I was repulsed. I was not physically attracted to him at all, and he had some pretty bad habits that disgusted me (smoking, spitting on the sidewalk, etc.). We definitely do share a special bond and understanding of one another, but I told him that I just wanted to remain friends, which he did not want. He constantly texts me every 5 minutes. He's very insecure and constantly looking for validation. Sometimes we will have a good conversation in between his insecure texts. He keeps wanting to go out, but I have to make up excuses every time because I really am repulsed. He hasn't got the hint yet either.

I have repeatedly told him that I'm not looking for a relationship but I enjoy talking to him. He keeps trying to push a relationship even though he said that he wasn't looking for one either... which is bullsh*t because he totally talks and acts like I'm his girlfriend and gets offended if I don't spend time with him. What can I say or do to politely end this now? I already told him no, but he isn't getting it. Should I just ignore his texts and calls? Since he's so obsessive I'm afraid that might lead to something bad. Please help.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ah...

My suggestion since your state of safety is now in question, would be to play the bitch card, tell him you're not interested and you've given him every opportunity to be friends with you and you're done.

Then change the cell phone number, a bit of a pain in the ass, but, worth it. I doubt ignoring his calls and such is going to do much of anything other than make him go to more extreme measures.

If he still comes at you...

Restraining orders are always a nice way of saying, "Please leave me the f*** alone."

What Guys Said 3

• I think you should just tell him that you're seeing another guy or something..lol just bring it out of the blue.. and be like so last night I went out with this totally amazing guy and blah blah blah.. if he gets jealous just tell him he's just a friend.

Im just kidding.. I think you should just let him know straight up that you're not into him the way he thinks. You also need to stop any sexual type of conversations, and don't even talk about "so what kind of guy/girl do you like" those type of conversations always give off the impression that you're thinking of them in as someone you want to get/be with. Just keep him in the "friend zone"..and if he continues to pursue you'll have to cut him off.

• Sorry, your going to have to change your number, and perhaps your email. I hope he doesn't know where you live. Remember that one of the consequences of meeting online is... well this.

• can't you block his messages through your phone operator? (or change your number?)

What Girls Said 3

• I have been in the same situation as you , Tell him you only want to be friends with him if he says no to that just tell him its friends or nothing , if he still pushes just change your number or block his calls and don't talk to him online again. When this happened to me and the guy wouldn't leave me alone I got this big strong guy who was a really good friend of mine to pretend I had gotten in a relationship with him and spoke to him and he left me alone after that. You didn't state if he knew where you lived ...If he does and he starts coming round tell him you will get the police involved if he continues to behave the way he does. He is trying to push you to breaking point so you will finally say yes to being with him. Just explain one final time you only want to be friends and if he doesn't agree cut of complete contact

Hope it all works out & don't stress out to much! X

• He'll get the hint when you don't respond to any of his texts or emails and don't send him any... trust me on this one, give it like 3 weeks and he'll be gone :)

• Ignore him. You don't owe him anything, he sounds like a creep. Please be caerful about meeting people off Craigslist of all places.