Telling a girl not to wear any makeup on a date?

What do you think?

Smart? Not smart? Ever done it?

Oh I see. So it would be better to have many dates with many women and kind of have several dates till, I can see how she really looks. Make-up can be really misleading.
When I said "tell" - I said "ask".

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know about other girls, but if a guy told me I don't need to wear makeup, I'd be incredibly flattered. I'd probably blush and smile and get all embarrassed. I, personally, don't wear a lot and I wear it so it doesn't look like I have any on. Most people are surprised when I say I do, so that difference in how obviously I wear it could be why I feel that way. Someone who wears a lot or uses it more obviously might feel differently and depending on how much they depend on it for how well they look would also mean something. If they feel really insecure about how they look without it, they'd probably wear it anyway. It all depends on the girl, really. If she just wears it to highlight her better features and spice up her looks a bit, she might be fine. If she wears it like a second face, not so much.
    My suggestion is it matters in how you phrase it. If you tell her that you don't think she needs to wear any and that you actually prefer girls without makeup on, she might be more willing to go without it and might take it better than if you just plainly asked her not to? But don't say it in a way that makes it seem like your demanding it if her, just tell her you feel like she doesn't need it and if it's okay with her she doesn't have to wear any around you. She might not be comfortable for a while, but eventually shell be at ease enough around you to know you won't find her less attractive. It's all in how you say it ;p But if she goes without it and you don't like how she looks without it, please try not to let her know because that could just crush her selfesteem.

What Girls Said 17

• Not a smart idea, at all. Some girls, especially if she's the type to wear a heavy make up, or if she's one of those girls who is a make up savvy and really loves wearing it, then it's worse. They are very self conscious about their looks and their skin/texture/color. Taking that away from them will make them nervous and uncomfortable no matter how you try to "compliment" them. Not a good idea. Wait until you have a chance to see them without it. Make up brings out some favorable features, but you could have an idea of what she looks like without it.

Thick eyeliner and mascara = Will have smaller eyes
    Perfect, even skin = Will have some spots or tiny pimples if any at all.
    Drawn eyebrows = May have thin or scarse brows.

• That could be taken differently - one girl may find it sweet, another may consider it a bit controlling and weird. It's like telling a girl to wear make-up on a date, they'd think you're shallow but I don't know if that turns the other way if you ask them not to wear make-up.
    Girls want to look great and feel confident on dates, so they wouldn't go without make-up - it gives them that confidence. You would soon see her without make-up as things progress. I stopped wearing make-up within a few weeks with my boyfriend.

• Not smart!! I would never allow someone to "tell" me what I was/wasn't allowed to wear, face or otherwise. The ONLY exception would be if you were going paint balling, then hint she might be getting some dirt on her face, and then she can decide. Or you know, something similar. If wearing make up makes her feel good, just let it be. Eventually you'll see her in less make up, and eventually no make up. Be patient. ;-)

• Don't do it. She can wear it if she wants to, and tbh you don't have the right to tell her what to do with her face, esp. since you're only dating.

• Not smart. You're going to have to gain discernment to tell the difference between natural and unnatural.

• I wouldn't go on a date with someone who tried to control my appearance.

• not smart... a lot of girls are very self conscious about that shit

• Don't do it. Let women do with their bodies what they are comfortable doing. Most of the time, women wear make-up for themselves, not for boys anyway.

• Most of the time, women wear make-up for themselves.

If its for themselves why do they take off makeup when they are home alone? Women wear makeup to outdo other women to get the best man. The hottest guys.

• Not smart coz there going to wear make-up if they want to or not so really you're defeating the purpose

• I wouldn't ask that until you both a comfortable with each other. If she hasn't come around without it yet, chances are she's not ready to be vulnerable in that way. I know it sounds ridiculous, but some women feel their best with make-up on.

• Asking is fine.. telling is not ;)

• I would find it a bit offending if it is the first or second date. It would make me feel like a show horse that you are examining! I wouldn't mind it after you get to know me a bit.

• i put on some makeup, maybe the eyes and lips...
    but the insecure part is my body,
    i don't really have much breast, so i add on some padding... tbh i really don't know how men thinks about it

• I don't wear make up, so it wouldn't bother me if I was asked not to wear any.

• not a good idea

• What is the motivation behind doing this?

There are girls who love to wear make up and then girls who don't. If you are just bothered by make up, why not find a girl who doesn't wear a lot of it? There are girls like that out there.

There's nothing wrong with wearing make up, if that's something a girl is into.

But if it's a superficial reason, like to see if she's actually pretty well that's kinda mean. I mean we all have insecurities.

What Guys Said 4

• Telling a woman what she should or shouldn't wear, with regards to clothing or makeup, without her asking you first, is never a smart idea.

Exception: Telling her whether the place has some sort of dress code.

Beyond that, you let her dress as she sees fit, and compliment her if she looks nice.

• Well... its better you just leave it to her to decide, because its just the first date. After you get to know each other better, you can ask her to meet you without make-up. But doing it now, would likely be a recipe for disaster.

• Oops! SOrry, i misread your question. You haven't mentioned that its a first date!

• i would recommend her. praising natural look of her.

• Yeah It's a first date. Let her do what makes her comfortable.