Guys: what would you do if you found out that the woman who had rejected you actually loved you?

I know that 90% of the guys here wouldn't behave the way this guy behaved but just need some help and insight:

I was completely in love and he was in love too. He wanted to go out on coffee and I rejected him cause I got scared cause he had a gf and kid. Usually I'm the one chasing guys, but I liked this one so much I was the one doing the running.

Later on I found out from his sister that I made a mistake and that he was about to end his relationship. I rejected him and I feel so awful cause I didn't do it in a nice way but felt that nice was not going to work and that he'd keep chasing.

Years later his sister knows that I did love him back. Guys if you were him what would be your take on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Years later might be to late but if i still loved you i would have tried to get together.

• 2 and a half years later.

What Guys Said 7

• When he was "Chasing" you, it was fun. It's ok to jog or power-walk, but don't sprint! Love is like a racing track in this sense. The girl jogs a little, gets a head-start. Then she sets up a hoop. The dumbass guy, runs behind her, jumps through it continues after her. She speeds up a little sets up another hoop... he jumps through it like a trained sea-lion or something and continues this pursuit. The girl breaks into a slow run, sets up two or three hoops, lights the last one on fire... but like a trained circus animal, he jumps through the next obstacle in front of him (usually with difficulty, but trained jungle cats don't sweat) The girl should by now begin to slow down... Otherwise, the guy might remember that he's human just like you. So he should stop and wait for you to come back around. The funny thing about this track is, it's round. The same loops that you set up for him to jump through, you have to jump through yourself to get back to him. No girl is going to jump through her own loops so...

• Believe me I'd jump them if I know that he isnĀ“t together with her anymore.

• It depends on the person, how well I know her, how much I trust her. You seem like decent person, I probably would be a slightly frustrated at first. But I would shortly later realize that I should take the opportunity!
    That's me...

• i would say her loss:p

• I cannot believe you didn't go to him as soon as you found out your mistake. DO IT. YOLO, WOMAN!

• His relationship consolidated cause of my mistake. So can't come barging in now.

• Oh God. Well, game over.

• id wonder, wtf?

• I'd be in total shock and I'd wonder why she rejected me in the first place.

• Cause you have a gf and a kid with her.

• So eventhough you are hurt, you'd understand?

• Absolutely!

Recently I was rejected by a girl who said she was too busy, now I've taken that as a rejection and a sign of disinterest on her part. Now if some months down the line, she approaches me and says she is available, would I take her out on a date? Hell yeah! My point is not all rejections are personal.

You have had valid reasons, the dude had a gf and a child at the time. If I was in his position, I'd understand why you made the rejection (not that I'd pursue a woman when I'm in a relationship, but I shall digress).

What Girls Said 0