Guys!: What do you expect on the first date?

Do you expect to pay because you feel its proper , each other pay for what you ordered, or you pay because that's what the girl is expecting?

• Proper
  • Each other
  • Girl
  • Another Reason
  • Results

Most Helpful Guy

• The asker should pay and generally its the guy who is the asker hence guys normally pay on 1st date...

What Guys Said 13

• 1. I have no fixations or expectations when I meet someone the 1st time for a date or otherwise, I take it as it comes & then see if things can or cannot work out
    2. I prefer paying always - don't know about proper or not but guess I'm 'old fashioned' and won't ask or expect the woman to pull out money. That's one of the ways I respect her apart from pulling out a chair and holding the door open
    3. Considering the independent and liberal thought process these days if the woman insists of splitting the check then I'm fine by that too. Intention was to be chivalrous not to hurt her ego or self respect

• It would be an either/or situation for me. I'd try to determine if she seem traditional or modern. I've been on a date where a girl actually got mad at me for paying without checking with her first. Other than that maybe to touch hands and maybe a goodnight kiss after. I hope this helps.

• Hahah, i wouldn't get mad and did you go out on a date with her again?

• Well friends yeah - friends with potential as she calls it. :D

• hahaha, that's what they are calling it now?

• Happiness on both parties:) to pay because I want to pay. I'll pay for it all I got no problem with it:D

• Asker should expect to pay.

• I agree but that's usually the guy

• I'm okay with that.

Also asked should expect to offer to split.

• but if she says no she will look unwilling to pay, but that does not mean she is unwilling in the future.

• I expect to pay because that's a big test: how much can this guy afford to pay to show me a good time and meet my needs and desires?

• I would not expect you to take me to a 5 star restaurant, just a nice place and it doesn't have to be expensive

• I always pay with be out on a mate date with a female friend or family.
    and on a date date too I'm a old fashioned gent

• If I'm asking out, I'll pay for the first date.

• everyone knows that she should at least offer, but that he always pays, first date, second date, marriage. we want to know you're willing to pay, but we want to be your hero

• No, everyone does not know she should offer. I would not offer if he asked me on the date

• then you dont know how to date

• that's your opinion, doesn't mean its the correct one

• someone normal.. normal convo..

• People in the know don't "date". We just hang out and learn about each other.

• Oh... lord. So, you dont go out?

• The guy will pay obviously. At least for the first time. Yes because I want to.

• I will pay for the first date.

• Now I have heard women say that guys should pay because they're the ones that ask out first like a guy beat them to it or something yeah right. Usually women hold out until a guy asks them out even if they really like them. But I would rather hang out maybe at the park or something.

• What's your answer, no date?

• Talking, maybe watching a movie or a show she likes.

• I see. thanks

What Girls Said 1

• If the guy asked the girl out he pays if she asked him then she pays