Am I right to find it immature when people go around trash talking their Exes immediately after they break up?

I find it immature how many people will start going around telling their friends bad things about their exes immediately after breaking up because it is disrespectful.

When I break up with a girl, I NEVER go around telling my friends about all her flaws and how bad she is in bed etc...

Am I right to find it immature when people go around trash talking their Exes immediately after they break up? I think the mature and classy way to handle it would be to let it go

• Yes it is immature
  • It is not immature

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it is totally immature and selfish when I hear guys or gals doing that. It makes me mad.
    There was this one guy I used to be friends with and he was trash talking about his ex he just broke up with that morning. I was kind of ignoring it to the best of my abilities. But I stop ignoring it once he said, Its ok I have another girl lined up anyway. What! I was so mad. And I told him that it did. All he said is, what? What is wrong with that. Oh my gosh I was so mad. I pretty much lectured him for like 7 min about how wrong that was and that she deserves more respect then that even if she broke up with you (she did not cheat or anything, if anything he kept cheating on her), He just could not understand why that made me so mad. I just know I will be so sorry for the next girl that is in his life because he is definitely not faithful.
    If anything I can over react but no I do not think you are overreacting.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, it's very immature, because they chose them, if they thought their exes were so trashy, then why did they get with them in the first place?

• I agree with you

• no, you are right. I find it immature, too. I never did it to my ex, even after abuse.

What Guys Said 1

• You are right to feel that way.