Guys: how come when we text, you text back using only one word?

I like a guy and he says he like me too. But when I ask him questions over text he'll reply with a yes or no and that's it, but when we talk on the phone he actually says more then yes or no in the conversation? And what are some good questions to ask besides "how are you?" and "what are you doing?"

Most Helpful Girl

• The good thing is he is trying to tell you probably that we will and preferes to show you who he really is over phone , easier for him to say it and you to hear it is ya better cause I think texting is more a girl I dk just my oppion ; in that way you are hearing him say it and it just seems like a more rightful honest ( meaning ) way of communicating with someone though in person is always the best way , there's just more to say in that way I find , texting is like instant messaging on msn your not really getting an accurate idea of the character of the person and thier feelings.

"How is your day going" ? or " What did you do today ?" , discuss common and uncommon differences to their oppion on something ?" I dk :P

• Thanks:)i think I know where you guys are coming from. and now I don't feel like he don't like me cause he wouldn't say much in text, but I understand.

• Np its oki your curious nothin wrong with that , I think he probably does , like he makes the effort to his ability of available time put aside to talk to you over the phone right ? & hold conversation so at least in some way you guys are staying in touch regardless of how busy his life is going ;] however yes I think this is a BIG hint that he is interested in you because he is now taking to the step forward as in wanting to see but in all honesty I think you made the wrong move there ;\

• If he didn't call me or anyway of communication,,,is that a bad thing? I know he had a busy day, cause lat night he alled and told me all his plans..

What Guys Said 3

• i agree with anyone who said because it just gets too long once you start asking more detailed questions

especially if you have character limits, like me

as far as asking more questions, just ask things about himself, guys, like girls, love talking about themselves, so, just ask questions about our past, what we want for the future, what our present is like, that sort of thing etc...

• Maybe the guy doesn't feel like texting, typing a long message out can get annoying.

• personaly I despise texting. I'm really slow at it and it seems so impersonal. maybe he thinks so too? plus I'm fairly sarcastic which dosnt go over well texting. I'd rather call and hear a girl's voice, that would make it seem like she cares more.

What Girls Said 6

• It doesn't mean he doesn't like you, my boyfriends like that.

Most guys are like that in texts, they aren't big on whole conversation via text message.

Keep the texting to short, practical questions/statements.

• It sounds like he just doesn't like texting. I know a lot of guys who are the same way ha (: I would suggest not texting as much and just calling whenever you're both free. But I mean texting to see how his day is going is good to do.

• No if he happened not to call you one day its okii if its a few days or a weeke ! then ya =|

don't act to like you know needy or desperate but I know why you feelin so because your so used to conversating with him and it becomes a daily thing so ya you get used ot it , just give him time he probably had a long day was out through most of it and by the time he got home was realli tired so needless to say its not so worth to contact you in that time when someoens wellbeing comes first, not as if he completly forgot you all together and doesn't care , he was probably thinking about you at some point =]

• He better. no I'm just kidding.

but he's the first guy I liked all year,

he called me beautiful last nght. and I think my stomach dropped.

or something weird, but in a good way.

• Mhm k that's good ;]

OH , oh um seem that is somethin I don't realli know what to say because I have never been put in that situation , the guy am dealing with says he'll wait till am comfortable andi can make the move but its completly up to you , you can ask yourself that ? ^^ ya I get what you are sayin , well in all honesty I don't think its best to rush such things, I you should tell him that you don't want to act with like you did in your past realationships, wanna take things slower wait to the time

• Yeah that sounds like a good idea. but if we do do anything I don't want to get played, well he keeps telling me when I get my car to come over to elkhorn(where he lives) and that's going to be in sept. so does tht sound like maybe he wants to be like "together" for awhile, or what?lol

• Sry didn't let me write another comment so ya in all honesty you should go out next time when he asks to to see you because in that way where you are making an exuse especially with one as insecure sounding as that NO OFFENCE , he I would have thought to insist you come out if he realli wanted to get your attention but anyhow the thing is also he will possibly get the impression that you are not looking forward to seeing him or are trying to avoid him because your disapointed you two can't hang out as much . So don't be misleading if you feel something for this guy , to your surprise some girls still don't know this but guys don''t realli care so much about makeup so dont; frett over that having to look all nicy nice when your around him dare to be natural ? plus guys are probably more concerned with our hygiene if anything ;P & besides character of a person is more important then looks which should be decent though...

• is right .

• because texting is an extremely impractical way to communicate. it's annoying to have to spend a minute typing something that would take 7 seconds just to say over the phone.