Why are guys so hung up on a girl on the first date?

I've been on dates where the guy has been thinking of a long term relationship, or says I love you at the end. I'm thinking I'm getting the freaks, or guys just don't know what they want. What is it guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• Saying I love you at the end of a first date is odd, very odd.

I think I get your question, but it doesn't all fit together for me. A guy could be only interested in a long term relationship and that would make him someone who knows what he wants (long term relationship). I don't think that makes him a freak.

Guys typically know what they want. My guess would be these guys are ones who haven't had much success with women and who don't want to compete with other guys for you (casual dating compared to relationship).

What Guys Said 4

• Kimberly,

I know that you and I have not met yet but I feel this strong bond with you. I think I love you. :)

I agree with allmixedup, sounds like someone who has some serious issues. If a girl were to tell me, I love you, on the first date I'd abandon the car and run to the nearest police station for a restraining order. That is way to dependent for my taste.

As for the 'why', are you perhaps a touchy feely person on a first date? Some guys will mistaken a very outgoing personality for someone who is really into them so they remove the hand brakes from their emotions and let loose.

• Some guys don't think before they open their mouth. It sounds good in their head, but not when it comes out.

You've probably just had an unlucky run so far. You sound like you have choices ( which is good ), so keep trying, because the one you want is out there!

• Well, sounds like ya found some guys with some abandonment issues...lemme guess, "i just got out of a bad relationship"...that means, "i have serious control issues cause I was neglected as a child and I want to control you since I "love you" and that will make up for my mom being a bitch....."

• Maybe this person is depend&lonely a person who depends on someone else for existence. alot of guys are like that , I think it is about character defects that needs to be work on

What Girls Said 1

• Lol I dated a guy like that, but I suspect his "I'm desperate for a relationship too early" BS was just a ploy to get some sex. some girls fall for that and maybe they thought you were one of them