Do guys of other races than black ( white, Hispanic, Asian) think Dark black girls are Pretty/Beautiful?

Ok so for my whole life I've been bullied about having dark skin. I'm Hispanic, Indian and Carribean with long brown hair. Even this Colombian guy who use to be my best friend said "you're cute but you're too dark" I've been called every dark name in the book: Charcoal, Burnt bread, in the oven too long. And I'm just so tired of it. I'm insecure and lonely and I've come to the conclusion that I'm an ugly piece of shvt. Some times I see hot guys looking at me and think "they might think I'm pretty... Oh wait they are probably thinking wow she's too dark" I'm scared to hang out with my best friend who's a tall blonde model cuz I'm always in her shadow so back to my question. Is dark skin really that ugly?

Most Helpful Guy

• People who think like that aren't worth your time. And yes, dark-skinned women are just as capable of being attractive as anyone else. :-)

What Guys Said 6

• It's not necessarily the dark skin. It's really the entire picture, figure and everything.

Though, honestly, I don't find it *as* attractive as white and Hispanic girls, whom I think are the hottest of the races. Though, a really hot Japanese/Asian girl is really hard to beat; they might actually be the hottest, for me, at some times. I also prefer the color pink in certain areas.

However, I was completely enamored with a very, very black girl in middle and high-school. She was absolutely gorgeous. Of course, I was also into black chicks then, too. Don't know what happened since then. I was actually thinking about this earlier, and I think that the fact that I liked her personality really added to how much I was attracted to her body. She was a gem.

I am attracted to *some* black girls, but they're generally of a lighter color.

Essentially, some guys do, others don't. It's really hard to tell how many think black girls are hot or not without getting an honest opinion from every single guy.

Don't let how you look effect your self-esteem. It's not worth it. If others don't find you attractive, then it's their loss. I'm sure there are many guys whom would be attracted to you; you just have to find them. No matter what you look like, there's probably some or a lot of people whom are attracted to exactly what you are.

Work on yourself. Do what makes you happy, and perhaps at some point along the road, you'll find someone whom will make you even happier.

• Skin color is only one part of the way you look, and I think it doesn't matter. Looks matter a little bit, but when I look at someone, I'm looking at the whole package. Dark skin is not a red flag for me.

Personality is way more important to me. Skin color just doesn't matter.

• Sometimes ues, sometimes no.

But that holds true for all races.

I like white women, but not all of them. Just being their colour does not automatically qualify or disqualify them from me seeing them as attractive.

• As far as white guys go, it's not going to be very attractive. But that's life, Caucasian beauty standards like fair, light skin, obviously. You'll probably be best off dating black guys.

• There are plenty of dark skin women that are beautiful. The question that I find myself wondering is whether they typically only go for african-american men.

• Not in my case. I have plenty if friends and me including who like guys of every race not only our own. I just feel we're more open minded into learning other cultures

• Yeah its not attractive to me at all, no offense. (white)

What Girls Said 6

• Are most of your friends from the cultures in your background? Because those all have strong history of darker = uglier. So you could be getting an unbalanced view.

But I'll tell you this: if you're pretty and you know it, and you love your personality and love life, you'll attract worthwhile men. I think of having dark skin as being an excellent screen for a$$holes.

You might need to move somewhere with more open-minded (for real not just lip service) people. And then work hard and fast on getting over your learned avoidance. Cause some non-brown men don't feel sure that a brown woman would be into them. Just stay friendly and nice and look through the haters like they're not even there. They hate that.

• most of the black girls who I see are dating outside of their race are dark skinned. I rarely see light skin or caramel brown girls dating anyone who isn't black

maybe you would feel more secure with your color if you hung out with people of your race. if you are around nothing but nonblack people of course your gonna feel some type of way b/c u don't really fit in. they have their own standard of beauty that is created for them, not black women.

and im not trying to belittle u but can you not say "im Hispanic, indian, and Caribbean"? girl bye you are black. you may have some admixture and I don't know ur nationality but when the world looks at you they see a black girl of African decent. own it, love it and be proud. why do u say "do any races other than black like dark girls" as if black guys aren't good enough? if u want people to like black girls why don't u even like black guys?

• Thanks, but yea I know I'm black I just wanted to put it out there that I'm not fully African cuz that's what people always call me and assume. Lol yea I don't tell people in person what I'm mixed with unless they ask and I just have bad history with black guys I don't mean that they aren't good enough I mean they are expected to like black girls but they are the ones who make all the dark jokes against me so I'm saying "is there any other race of men who think that way"

• Cuz like black guys are always the one to say I'm ugly or too dark or too this or that. And I've hated myself for so long I wouldn't want to date someone who has the same features as me. So I've just given up on them in a sense I guess.

• I've seen plenty of Caribbean women with white men.

As a matter of fact, that's all I have seen them with.

• Of course not. im brown amd i dnt care about wht anyone thinks even ghough i haven't gotten any hates about my skim cojlor. it doesn't matter if ur brown or black or light brown. ur still beautiful and special

• girls of any color can be radiantly attractive. a lot of people just dont work it and guys dont know how to tell you they are not attracted to you, so they might say its because of something you can't control, in this case skin color.

• Just date guys who have the same skin color as you.