Is the age gap too big? I mean I just left high school and she's probably becoming a softmore?

Well I want to get to know this girl, she has similar interests and is super cute. I want to either be friends or perhaps more if I end up liking more about her. Problem is she's either 15/16 and I'm 18. Is that weird?

• seems normal to me
  • kind of weird
  • almost pedophilia

Most Helpful Girl

• I love older guys but this is where it becomes an issue with the law, as she is a minor if you engage in any sexual orientation you will be arrested and placed on a sex offenders list for the rest of your life because even though she consented to it it will be classed as rape, but if you're a nice guy and do not intend to just use her for sex and you actually want to get to know her and start a relationship without any sexual intercourse then absolutely, go for it! but just remember the age difference and be cautious, good luck.

• The law for my state is this.

Sexual assault to knowingly inflicts sexual intrusion or sexual penetration on a victim (1) under age 15 if the actor is at least four years older or (2) at least 15 years old but less than 17 years old and the actor is at least 10 years older.

What Girls Said 8

• My boyfriend and I are six years apart. It is entirely dependent upon maturity and compatibility. If the two of you find that you work well together and make a happy couple, there is no reason you should not at least give it a shot! Be as respectful to her as you would be to any other woman, and show her compassion. One point of advice though, you may have to be careful when in public, or when meeting her family. Although You two are not more than four years apart, so it is technically legal, you never know who may have an ill opinion of it. Just be supportive and reassuring! Hope all goes well! Best of luck! :)

• That seems pretty normal.
    It really depends on your maturity levels if you two are going to start dating.

People look down upon age gap relationships but don't worry TOO much!
    Because it's not anybody's buisness!
    Of course, there will be issues if you do anything illegal with a minor.

Good luck

• It isn't that this is weird- it is illegal! If she is 15 and you're 18 any physical contact between you two can be viewed as statutory rape.
    While it is true that girls mature faster than boys mentally, it doesn't mean she is ready for a relationship with an 18 year old who is out of high school and starting an adult life.
    Do yourself a favor- leave the young girls alone. 15 is way too young. You might look at it as oh, it's only 3 years difference, but those 3 years can make the difference of being charged with a crime or not.

• Sexual assault to knowingly inflicts sexual intrusion or sexual penetration on a victim (1) under age 15 if the actor is at least four years older or (2) at least 15 years old but less than 17 years old and the actor is at least 10 years older.

That's the law in my state.

• To me the gap number wise isn't bad, but the point y'all are in life are at total different points it could cause problems

• Take it from me bc i'm in the exact situation. My boyfriend will be 18 in August & I am a fully mature young lady, he says that's what he admires about me but my mother only sees the age difference as it's illegal! Not as 3yrs no biggie, which is what we see. As long as you you take things slow & are fully aware that it is illegal, ask yourself is it worth breaking the law? "Follow your heart" then you should be okay. Remember, "Age is just a number"

• That's not weird. 3 years isn't anything at all.

• That what I'm thinking

• I definitely would take the precautions if it ever came to that point. But I don't plan on going all the way with someone until I have been in a relationship for a while.

• Smart :) that's good

• You must be kidding! She's only 2-3 years younger, not 20-30 years younger.

• And don't believe the poll results. That's nonsense.

• Good luck to you :)

• Well im fifteen and im going to be a sophmore when school starts back. Im pretty mature for my age. I think the gap is okay for being friends but probably too big for dating. You have already finished high school while is just beginning her second year. I know a girl who was a freshman this year dated a senior... yeah it was seen as pretty weird. Looked down upon.

What Guys Said 5

• Its not weird. Women prefer to date older men, (which often F**** them over, but only when the age gap is too large). However, have strong caution. Dating someone who either goes to a different high school, or just one that you've graduated from, can lead to your significant other cheating on you with you not even knowing.

In high school and college, cheating happens all the time, but i've seen countless guys and girls cheat because their significant other is at a different school or graduated.

Also, many young girls like to brag to other girls and guys about how their dating someone much older (which amuses me, because for most of them, that means that the guys their age can't stand their stupidity).

But none of this necessarily applies to you or her, so don't worry about it too much. Good luck :)

• For a friendship. It's no problem at all. Even dating 2 or 3 years difference isn't really a big deal. If the parents agree.
    The issue is if you have sex. You're an adult, she's not. = statutory rape.

• ask her parents. its not a big deal but it is against the law if you do it. when i was 21 i dated a 32 year old. when i was 23 i was with a 35 year old.

• Would be cooler if your ages were switched around

• Normal, and the older you get the less you worry about this. Most 30 year old go after 20-24 year old women.