Am I good enough or is there something wrong with me?

Ok, so this might seem like a silly question... and honestly I can't believe I am on one of these sites hah but here goes... I have had several long serious relationships but the past year I have just been trying to enjoy being single. That being said, I am starting to feel a little hopeless. Every time I meet a cool guy he is either just interested in one thing, a complete a hole or ends up liking my friend. I am a really down to earth laid back person but at the same time outgoing person. I love to laugh and make people laugh, I have a great job, lots of friends... I just get so down about wondering if I will ever find a good guy again. And back to the friend thing I have a certain friend I hang out with a lot and I love her to death but as soon as the guy likes me they meet her and instantly try to have a thing with her... its like why? I dont get it. Sometimes I just dont feel good enough... any advice would be nice :) Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's advice I am sure you have heard a thousand times, but holds true. Just be yourself. The right one has to be attracted to you, all of you. Don't force anything. There are good guys out there. Maybe get out of your routine to meet new people. If you see a guy that you find attractive, approach him. I know I can sometimes be intimidated by very pretty women, such as yourself, and talk myself out of approaching thinking either I am not good enough or she is in a relationship being that beautiful. Don't be on the prowl, but eyes open. Look for guys in normal places, not a bar or anything like that where they are on the prowl for one thing.
    Beauty is inside and out. A guy with honorable intentions will get to know you and like you even more for what is inside, rather than just your physical appearance. It isn't easy finding someone comparable, and sometimes you have to re evaluate what you are looking for. Not saying to settle for just someone, but be real in what you want and need.

• thank you so much that was just what I needed to hear :)

• You are very welcome :-)
      Thank you for most helpful. Happy to know I could make you feel better at least.

What Guys Said 8

• If the guy who is interested in you decides to go after your friend? what exactly are you missing out on? if he jumps ship that quick then it seems he was never that interested. Stop over thinking being single, and think about this, if you are worried about being single it shows. No one wants to date a desperate woman. Thats just looking for bad news.
    Take it easy, and take your time. If you can say all those positive things about yourself then you should be happy with yourself Thats another big thing when it comes to dating. If someone is not happy with themselves and they are trying to find whatever they are missing through someone else, this tends to lead to some pretty big heart break.
    Enjoy life, and things will work out. If not then you can be the crazy lady with all the cats. Im going to be the hermit in the mountains. We can have tea together.

• hahaha thank you for the laugh... it made everyone at my office turn and look at me haha oopsie... very good advice though!

• *tips hat* my pleasure madam. I aim to please.

• is she hotter than you? just askin:p

• Guys always go for the easier one. Don't be friendly and close off romantic advances. Be a bit flirty and advance yourself a bit. Remove the obstacles.

• Find a less attractive, less easy to approach friend to hang out with. And guys are basically only interested in one thing. Finding someone who wants more is good, but it can be hard to tell.

• Your friend is a good filter for weeding out the bad guys, i think you should stop overthinking it, and you will find a good guy

• Stop being friends with guys you are interested in.

• Don't let them meet her. You're cute, but I bet she's smoking hot. Hot always wins.

• Date a nice guy.. Not a bad buy who pretends to be one. :)

What Girls Said 2

• you know it doesn't mean that your friend is better than you... no it means that she might have the right character for the guy in which you are interested... be natural... there will be certainly someone who will appreciate you as you are don't worry

• You could change your appearance a little and see what happens with those guys?

Straighten your hair, dress abit less 'colourful' etc

When i saw your pic, I thought you were in mid thirties.