How would you feel about an arranged marriage?

For those of you that complain about never finding a girl/guy, always getting rejected, never been kissed, virgins for life, how would you feel if someone arranged a marriage for you? Then you would have someone without having to do any work?

Most Helpful Guy

• "For those of you that complain about never finding a girl/guy,
    always getting rejected, never been kissed, virgins for life"

Are other people allowed to answer this?

In my point of view,
    If a person is very desperate (As much as you've mentioned or more), it would probably make him happy.

But I believe arranged marriage is not only unfair for both of one of the victims,
    but also leads to a very very dangerous relationship,
    Lots of such relationships are done with both not even knowing each other, and if it happened that none of them liked each other this might results in fights, stress and lots of pressure.

This is not how a marriage is supposed to be, marriage is about commitment, responsibility & the willingness to be open to each other. I believe arranged marriage doesn't supports that.

Have a nice day.

What Guys Said 8

• I look at arrenged marriage as nothing more then a "prettier" name for forced marriage.

• Nah, even in my younger more desperate days I was happy not live in a country where those are common. They are probably not very happy considering neither (especially the girl) really has much of a say in the matter.

• While I'm not against it, its not typically something I would be open to doing. Even though arranged marriages have less divorce rates that doesn't the people in the marriages are happy.

• Bad idea. If I wanted to get married right away then I could settle for girls I'm not interested in. I'd rather be single and find a good girl

• I think an arrange marriage is likely to work!! Since both the genders don't know anything about each other preferences so its like learning a new thing everyday.

• can't do it. seems to archaic

• Never given it a thought but sounds kinda miserable tbh.

• Do americans know about arranged marriage?

What Girls Said 4

• Wouldn't be interested in one when I know the right guy is out there for me:)

• Wouldn't work for me. I tend to dislike things I'm obliged to do...

• I always thought maybe Ill think of doung that. And one day my mum actually came up with that and I realized I would never do that.

• I'm not into that at all, however countries with arranged marriages have almost no divorce rates