Men, does race play a role as to how you approach a woman?

Would your approach vary depending on the race of the woman? How often do you approach girls out of your race? If so, then what's the race that you generally feel comfortable approaching? Which race is the hardest for you to approach?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well this will get a lot of downvotes I'm sure, but the only race that plays a role is black women. I'm either much more casual about showing interest, or I just completely avoid them altogether. It depends on the girl as to whether or not I show interest, because you can get a good idea of a person just by seeing how they behave.

In real life, the last few black women I've approached showed very obvious issues with being approached and paired up with a white guy. I suppose they have some sort of reputation to uphold for the people in their life or the people who will see them with me. Others have just been more obnoxious than I care to deal with- going on constantly with all the games for show, "I'm a confident woman and if you can't handle me...", or just plain acting out/exploding situations way out of proportion that an otherwise sensible person wouldn't do. Basically, the last handful that I approached or was involved in were too much like work to really be enjoyable.

So when I log on here, what do I see? "Why do people not approach black women? We're not all the same, and I'm tired of being treated like the stereotype"... it's really confusing and terribly screwed up lol.

So yeah, anymore I've kind of just taken to avoiding black women and some Hispanic women who are a bit too obnoxious or sassy for their own good. Otherwise, race isn't an issue. Except for Asians- I'm not really attracted to Asians. They're too submissive for my preferences and I find other races far more attractive.

What Guys Said 6

• Im usually attracted to whites and Latinas, its just my preference. The other races, if I am attracted to, I would approach the same. The only exception is black women. I would have a very difficult time approaching a black woman even if I was attracted to her. I grew up/live in an area that has almost no blacks, like 0.3% or somewhere around there. I don't know how to approach them and I don't know anything about or understand their culture and Im afraid to say something that offends them without knowing I even said anything. It seems like almost anything a person says unless its some totally brain dead topic can be construed to be racist. Im not racist at all and I don't want people to think I am.

• I might be more prudent /careful about not hurting someone whose culture and expectations I don't know well.
    It's about culture, NOT about skin color!

• No difference really , and I'll approach White, Asian , Latino, Indian, Native American all in the same basic manner

• I bring different foods

• Doesn't vary.

I;m half Asian, half white. So almost all of the girls have been half out of my race. Totally out of my race? Maybe 10% of the time, but it depends on how you define race.

Hispanic probably.

Black probably.

• I've always had trouble approaching Latin chicks. Most of them are really unapproachable and seem to enjoy rejecting dudes lol.

What Girls Said 0