I think I may have made a mistake when asking this girl out. How do I fix it?

Hello, I have been talking to this girl for over a month now, and yesterday I asked her out. She told me she would have to find out if she could get time off work next, I said "okay cool" and we continued on talking for a bit without any awkwardness. I was just thinking last night that what she said may have just been an excuse, but I'm not sure. I do know she works odd hours, but a old friend told me she has been like this with other guys in the past. I'm not sure what to do. I just text her there and she read it, but there hasn't been a reply. Maybe I was being too quick? I wouldn't know this is the first time I have ever asking a girl out. If I made a mistake I'd like to correct it. What do I say to her to do this?
Thanks

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• you're already overthinking. don't overthink. just be casual and try not to care so much. nothing you can say without making yourself look more desperate so don't send another text. just wait it out.