Dating someone online, what do you think about it?

How do you feel about online dating?

Not as in meeting someone at an online dating site but instead just online type relationship.

Any experiences to share?

Just asking for fun and insight on others thoughts on it
:p

Most Helpful Girl

• Eh, it can work if one person is willing to move. I met my bf on Facebook when we were trolling the same page. I had already been accepted to a few colleges in Chicago and didn't know he lived around there when we started shooting the shit so it just kinda happened to work. Be that as it may our relationship wasn't romantic in nature for a while, but feelings definitely developed before I moved/met him.

• Wow that a actually pretty awesome. I would never have thought online dating would actually lead anywhere in RL. Thank you for sharing that

What Girls Said 6

• This is becoming more and more common. It's a bit unusual, but hey, people crave human contact. Even if it's through a computer screen. It's safer then hooking up and whatnot- especially if you aren't really in a position to maintain a full on relationship.

• I am surprised how people limit themselves. It is funny though. After they come and cry we haven't found the right one yet. What do you expect? LOL Open your eyes , maybe open your heart too.

I am not saying it is the best way to meet a person ; but it is way. It has potential to make it work. It just depends on you. If you don't have balls to work it online, do you really think you can make it real life?

• That's an excellent point. Online does broaden the possibilities of a partner far beyond the local pub or gym. Does seem people fail of often relationship wise and only makes sense to find someone that you make a good connection with. Rather then a random person that's available

• How can you have a real relationship with someone you only talk to online? You don't know who they really are and you have such limited ways to get to know them. its like a long distance relationship with someone you barely know and haven't met. How good does that sound?

• Well I don't know lol that's what I'm trying to figure out. But some have had success it seems. I would think just having someone to talk to and be open with could be a major perk. Since you don't know them personally you can be as open as you like.

Of course that has its draw backs too. Like pretending to be someone they're not

• exactly how people get catfished.

• Eww don't want that >_<

• Just online and never offline? I think it's not a relationship, it's a penpal

• It happens, and it's only bad if you live too far apart.

• Its a waste of time to be honest. I had an online friend that wanted a relationship with me. I thought it was ridiculous. First of all even though i was 100% sure it was him. There was no way he could know if I was real. I rarely talk about my personal life online or post personal pictures. Second of all how can I be assured he wouldn't cheat. Third, I would crave cuddling and having sex. It would be impossible unless we meet. But then it would become a normal relationship.

• That's more or less my thoughts on it. Thank you for sharing your insight. I myself would consider it if I happened to meet someone I like a lot

• I would only do it if I'm desperate and can't get a real life bf.

• Haha well I can understand that for sute

What Guys Said 3

• I think it can absolutely start there, yes. I don't see my interactions with people online as being any different than the ones I have in my "real" life: some people are douches and not worth the time of day, most people are pretty neutral, some can be great friends, and once in a while you're capable of running into and conversing with someone that's absolutely amazing and has captivated you.

As for the ones that are great friends, and the ones that are amazing and captivating... those are the ones that you find a way to incorporate into your "real" life.

• Profoundly insightful! I believe you speak a lot of truth there. Excellent stuff thank you!

• Thanks for the kind words! Glad I could contribute something. :-)

• I met a girl through yahoo, basically we talked through email and eventually on Facebook and I was really into her but she's from Romania and Im from America. I've wanted to go see her for a very long time but never had the money since I was pretty young at the time I met her (i was 17 she was 26) now im 19 and recently we stopped talking for the last 2 months now and just pretty much moved on with our lives and I still have feelings for this girl even tho we have never met before lol, we use to webcam a lot tho and I guess through that it felt like we were really talking in person and getting to really know each other. some people would think this relationship was weird but idc what others think about it, I still love her til this day and hopefully I always will

• Well why would you? There are plenty of girls outside who you can be physically with instead of being in front of a computer screen

• I'm sure there's tons of perks and downsides to it. No physical contact would be a major drag though