Would you continue to date someone with an Eating Disorder or Depression?

Just curious since I have EDNOS an unspecified eating disorder.. Poor body image is a "side effect"

• Break up - Eating Disorder
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • Break up - Depression
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • Break up - Help her get help
    11% (1)0% (0)7% (1)Vote
  • Stay together
    56% (5)60% (3)57% (8)Vote
  • Other / See Responses
    33% (3)40% (2)36% (5)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
4|3

Most Helpful Guy

• I would definitely do anything I could to help the girl, including staying with her and supporting her. I can't say the same for everyone though, it depends on how caring the guy is.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Sure, I'd stay with her and do my best to help.

Relationships aren't all sunshine puppies and rainbows... there's a bunch of real shit in there to deal with too, and your partner going through a rough time and needing your support is something you do when you love someone.

1|0
    0|0
  • I definitely would not break up with her just because she had an eating disorder or was depressed. I would try and help her through it.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Yes i would help them through it and support them in getting better. if you truly love someone you won't ditch them at their worst point

1|0
    0|0
    • Would you not get involved with someone while they've got it?

• I suppose if they had the eating disorder and we weren't already dating I would not get involved in dating them - but i would be there as a friend opposed to a girlfriend and eventually that friendship could evolve into something but I don't think I would begin a relationship bc they should solve this first with help and I would be as supportive as possible

• If I love him Yess I would! If I see him trying his best to overcome his depression and Eating Disorder. I'll be there 100%.

1|0
    0|0
  • I actually did date someone with depression for a long time. He was usually fine when he was on his medication, but sometimes he would take a dive and I was always glad to be there for him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd stay with him and support him, no doubts.

0|0
    0|0