Would you continue to date someone with an Eating Disorder or Depression?

Just curious since I have EDNOS an unspecified eating disorder.. Poor body image is a "side effect"

• Break up - Eating Disorder
  • Break up - Depression
  • Break up - Help her get help
    Vote C
  • Stay together
    Vote D
  • Other / See Responses
    Vote E

Most Helpful Guy

• I would definitely do anything I could to help the girl, including staying with her and supporting her. I can't say the same for everyone though, it depends on how caring the guy is.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• Sure, I'd stay with her and do my best to help.

Relationships aren't all sunshine puppies and rainbows... there's a bunch of real shit in there to deal with too, and your partner going through a rough time and needing your support is something you do when you love someone.

• I definitely would not break up with her just because she had an eating disorder or was depressed. I would try and help her through it.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes i would help them through it and support them in getting better. if you truly love someone you won't ditch them at their worst point

• Would you not get involved with someone while they've got it?

• I suppose if they had the eating disorder and we weren't already dating I would not get involved in dating them - but i would be there as a friend opposed to a girlfriend and eventually that friendship could evolve into something but I don't think I would begin a relationship bc they should solve this first with help and I would be as supportive as possible

• If I love him Yess I would! If I see him trying his best to overcome his depression and Eating Disorder. I'll be there 100%.

• I actually did date someone with depression for a long time. He was usually fine when he was on his medication, but sometimes he would take a dive and I was always glad to be there for him.

• I'd stay with him and support him, no doubts.