Is this something a boyfriend should do?

Okay, so I went l midnight bowling with my best friend and boyfriend. We walked there and he drove. It ended at about 2:30am and he let us walk by ourselves. I mean he could at least offer to drive his 16 year old girlfriend (whom he has been dating for a year) and her best friend home instead of letting her walk by tweakers. He was also about to go to the store which is right by her house. I'm disapointed that he didn't ask. Would you be? Or am I over reacting?

• should be upset
  • shouldn't be upset

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow. What a jerk. Letting two young ladies to walk home at 2:30AM is completely unacceptable. I would keep any eye out for any more behavior like this because it is very selfish.

What Guys Said 4

• I assume you mean 18 and not 16 since your profile is 18-24 but regardless yes, it's a jerk move. Big time. I don't think this is a very good guy.

• He really should have offered. Protection is one of the main responsibilities of not just boyfriends, but men in general.

• Yup, chivalry is dead with him. You should definitely be upset.

• Of course he should've but when he didn't you could've asked for a ride. His excuse would've been epic.

What Girls Said 6

• Um, really?

I mean, he's not obligated to drive you around, but damn... surely as a boyfriend he would be concerned for your safety, given the time of day.

You don't do that shit to your friends, let alone someone you supposedly love.

I'd be upset too.

• I would be slightly irritated because it just seems rude to not take you home. I mean on the one hand you said y'all walked there so maybe he didn't see the point but still he should've used a little more common sense and been a gentleman. However I still don't think you should get too mad at him, just explain to him how he made you feel and talk to him about it

• he should definitely have offered, bit of a dick move to not offer whether youer 12, 16 or 25. its fkin 2.20am, you should be angry cause i would

• You could have asked?
    It's been a year you should feel comfortable with asking.

• He just gets mad if I ask things at last minute, and I don't think I should have to ask about something like that, don't get me wrong I'm not mad about the walking it's the principal. I'm his girlfriend. He didn't even text to see if I made it home safely. And when I texted him seeing if he did, he didn't reply

• So why are you dating him?

• Yeah, I'd be pissed, It's dangerous for girls to be walking around at such a late hour and he should be more concerned for your safety than that.

• how does that happen? you finish bowling then say your goodbyes and you guys start walking while he hops in his car? did he just like, wave as he drove past you guys?

• He gave me something that I left and then he drove, he didn't drive our way and he barely said bye