Girlfriend smokes , but demands I stop drinking Soda?

So I had never dated a smoker but tried to tolerate for once because she is hot and fun. Thing is she wants me to buy cigs for her at gas station before I pick her up , smokes in front of me were literally clouds of smoke go in my face , then she tells me I have to quit drinking Pepsi. So she orders water or non soda at restaurants when we go out because soda is really bad. Wait a second? Are u kidding me.. And smoking is not? I said I'll quit pepsi when she quits smoking... She just stayed quiet and said its too hard. What kind of girl am I dealing with here?

So after the latest bout of smoking I told her we need to have a talk. I said I know she smoked before I met her but could u please just not do it in front of me as the smoke bothers me. Not 5 min later at another location she lights up another! Wtf?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, she's a girl. I don't like soft drinks because of the crazy amount of sugar they have in it (also I just don't like sweet things in general) and smoking does help in slimming down.

But yeah... bit of an idiot. I used to smoke, but I hated smoking while walking because I thought my habit was disgusting enough, no point in making other people suffer for it. She doesn't have that mindset to even be considerate about how you feel with the smoking. I guess she's a bit selfish... and ignorant. That would be the type of girl I would describe her to be, but based purely out of the very limited information I have gathered from your post.

The real question is what do you want to do about it? FORCING a person to quit will NEVER work. They have to WANT to quit... and by wanting to quit I don't mean "yeah I should since it's bad for me". NO. I mean "I value my health, my life and respect myself enough to want to make an effort in stopping this disgusting habit." THAT kind of resolve. =/

What Girls Said 7

• Oh god, she seems high maintenance. I'm a smoker and I do not smoke around people who don't smoke or don't like it and I sure as hell don't tell people what to do. Smoking>Pepsi. Like soda is nothing compared to potential lung cancer and gross smelling everything. She's being really unreasonable and needs a reality check. To me, you just need to tell her how it is, that she's being unreasonable and if you have to put up with her smoking' away she's going to have to deal with your choice of beverage. Simple.

• Smoking AND soda are both terrible for your health.
    I don't think it really matters exactly HOW terrible it is.
    Let's just go straight to the fact that both can kill you.

Do you really love this girl?
    I mean, she sort of sounds like a bitch.
    You don't have to be with her. Because it sounds like you're not going to have a future with her :P

If you truly love her, you should just tell her. Please stop smoking in my face because it's uncomfortable and makes me feel so and so. Then maybe you two can do some research and come up with solutions together. You should find out what smoking and soda leads to. Then slowly but surely start working on it together :)

• that's pretty dumb. i wouldn't even take it seriously

• LMAO

She's a legend I love her. Treat this girl right. Stick with her man. She's great, I mean that. She's the one

• Tell her to stop being so hypocritical because she really is. She sould have no control of stuff like this.

• Your gf is retarded

• You're dealing with an airheaded bimbo.

What Guys Said 2

• You're dealing with an idiot.
    Keep with it. Don't quit until she does.

For the record, you'll feel so much better if you cut out soft drinks :)

• A typical one. Stick to your guns