If someone asks you to go to their place after only 1 date does that mean they only want you for sex?

I always have this kind of problem with all the guys I met. No matter how we met or how the date went on, all the guys I went on a date with always ask me to go to their place upon the second time of meeting up. Either it's a 'movies' or 'swimming' invitation. I never act or hinted that I want to hook up with them yet they always do this. I usually suggest that we go out and do something else instead, but they usually insist to just go to their places. If I still refuse they just fade away and I never hear from them again. If I accept we'd end up hooking up instead of dating.

How do I play this right? Do guys always do this? Can their intention be literally 'watching movies' or 'swimming'?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of the guys yes. Why? Because that's what guys date for. There are hardly 5% of men who desire 'true love' or disney like love stories. Hardly 5% of men want someone to give a shoulder to cry on or to tell them how they look in a new shirt. Respect the differences between males and females. Men are perfectly comfortable living alone or with buddies. But the thing that is lacking is sex- that's why they date.

Now the point to realize here is that men who want sex are not BAD. men who want sex and leave you after they get it are BAD. a good guy is the one who will make you coffee the next day and cuddle till you suffocate with the smell of his sweat ( trying to make a joke, pardon me if it sounds lame).

What happens when you reject their advances? Exactly what happens when water hits an obstacle. It doesn't wait for the stone to go away, it finds another slope and goes around the stone... NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN (sounds similar?) IF a man is not getting sex from a girl, he will stop trying and go for another who gives him. Simple.

So what happens when you keep putting up obstacles? you miss on many good men as always..

I read somewhere... 'A princess has to kiss many frogs before she finds the prince'

• I don't always put up the obstacles, but when I do let the water runs I'd be considered easy. I did this before and I ended up only hooking up with the guy.

• Read the last line of my opinion again dear :)

What Guys Said 5

• ill ask a girl to come to my place as the first date. lol. I guess its because i dont date women. i hang out with women until i get to know them better. women got to earn a date with me but if you want to come over for dinner and watch a movie or play some pool then im down.

• Of course they want sex... thus the reason in asking you to their place. Perhaps next time before "the question" arises tell them that you are not interested in sex for a while or until you know each other better.

• Yes, they only want sex. If they did not, they would continue dating you.

• the "swimming" invitation i obviously to see as much of your naked body as possible and maybe to impress you with their body... the invitation to their place is quite mostly so that they will try and make a move on you. however, only because they want sex with you doesn´t necessarily mean, they only want sex. you can still tell them, that you are not ready and want to wait to see if they only want sex.

• Yes, them are guys who don't respect women, they should go by what you suggest

• No guy who is respectful to you should
      want take you back to their place yes
      they fade away and never come back
      cause they are after sex

What Girls Said 2

• Most guys will do that nowadays because so many girls have no problem fucking on the first date. Most guys really dont want anything serious and dont want to put in the effort. It has nothing to do with YOU as a person and just everything to do with what that guy is looking for.

Dont lower your standards like one person suggested and start sleeping with more guys just in hopes you'll find someone who eventually will settle for a relationship. that's not smart to take that chance b. c u have a lot to lose. You will just have to keep rejecting them till u meet a man with substance

• That guy doesn't respect woman period.