Really deep down what is terrifying you the most about dating or relationships in general
What scares you the most about dating?
What Girls Said 21
1) Rejection. I don't expect everyone to like me, I know they don't. But maybe from those who are my friends.
2) Heartbreak. I know I won't deal well with it. I can be angered quickly, I've a short temper. So no idea how I'll take it.
3) As vain as this sounds, how I look. It shouldn't be an issue, but today's world makes it so women - and men, but it isn't as problematic - have to look a certain way. Dolled up, dress provocatively. I don't do that, it's not my style. I am average, I'm not that pretty. I have moments where I look decent enough.
4) Not enough say. I'm not that interesting.
5) The fact I won't be single. I like it too much.
6) Weirdly, being in a relationship somehow means finality to me. Like I'll never be with another so I have to settle with what I've got. Can't really explain this one.0
I wouldn't necessarily say I'm scared... But commitment just isn't my style.
I'm an Aquarius I blame Astrology =/0
People who want to get too serious too fast2
Not knowing the outcome. I'm scared of dying alone.
Ideally you'd just skip the first few dates and go straight to relationships. I don't like dating at all, I'm terrible at it, I'm good at relationships0
Losing the trust in him. Since it really takes me time to gain it, once i lose it i don't think i will regain again.0
Worrying that I'll bore him because I am shy and not a party girl or that he doesn't like my appearance.1
Being deceived and my time being wasted. That's time you cannot get back.0
I'm scared of getting hurt and get cheated on since it happens many times in the past!1
Break ups :/0
Feeling as if I probably bore him or annoy him.0
My guy friend is kind of a player and gets me worried about STDs. It's weird and funny.0
getting hurt, getting cheated on, or the guy is a psycho and a murderer1
Letting someone know just how much they matter to me, how much I care about them.4
What Guys Said 12
That if she said "Yes I'll go out with you", then I wouldn't know what to do. I need a challenge or an adventure to get me up and going. And I also like my downtime where I chill for a week or so without social contact.
But dating sounds like I'll have the responsibility to keep asking her out on a very frequent basis. I feel like I have to dedicate even more of my time towards her. I'm afraid of losing my personal free time, and being too stressed out with finding ways to engage with her, and looking for things to do when we go out.0
That I will invest a lot of time and effort into a relationship only for it to go down in flames and all that time be wasted.1
Commitment in terms of money, emotional, sometimes we getting tired facing the same person all day long1
That I will never find someone who would accept me. That ultimately I'm just not what girls want. Those kinds of thoughts scare me a lot.2
It's not scary enough to keep me from trying, though.0
Nothing really scares me about dating or relationships.
I really, really don't want children though, which is why I abstain from sex, which results in abstaining from dating and relationships by proxy.0
Trust - intimacy, that closeness that brings people together. Its scary.1
Probably getting rejected at any time during the relationship1
The prospect of getting my heartbroken because that means spending a fortune on Ben and Jerry ice cream.0
Paying for dates that don't lead to anything.0
Select as Most Helpful Opinion?
You cannot undo this action. The opinion owner is going to be notified and earn 7 XPER points.