Thoughts on dating older women/men?

Im mean for example a 18 yr old dating a 46 yr old and i know someone who has done this, the biggest age gap for me that i allow is 6 or 5 years but even 5 years is a bit big of a gap for me, i find it horribly wrong and disgusting to date anyone who is as old as your great aunt Tessie but of course there are people who think oh "age is just a number" well shut up. But thats my opinion whats yours?

Bare in mind i am 16 so please keep your 'bedtime adventure' stories to yourselves please lol

Most Helpful Guy

• The "accepted" rule is half your age Plus 7. that should be the lowest age you date. Certainly there are always exceptions.
    For me there is nothing other then sex that I could ever want from an 18 to 20 something year old woman. I would have zero in common with her. She would start talking and most of the stuff I wouldn't understand because of the generational difference. the other stuff I would just not care about. I have zero in common with someone that young. Sure it would be a huge boost to my ego sexually. what guy wouldn't want an 18 yr old sucking his cock. I didn't even have that when I was 18.
    But also I have kids that age. It would just be creepy thinking that if things didn't work out, which there is no way they would, she could just date one of my sons.

What Guys Said 6

• When I was in my 20's I had a few girls that were in their 40's and one that was 52, to me it was the same as dating girls my age in fact more enjoyable, I found the older girls were more mature and respectable and of course more fun in bed.

• I have the exact same opinion with you. Exactly!

• there's nothing wrong with dating older women. Personally I will only date women at least 15 years older or more than me (I'm 23). I wouldn't even think about dating women in my age range

• I'm more than happy to a date a child-free older woman.

• I dated a 32 year old woman when I was 21 but it never really went anywhere. I think I was more of a toy boy, she used to take me out for nice meals and pay for everything, I would stay over at her nice apartment and bang her brains out lol but eventually she was like 'oh im sorry im looking for someone who is more mature' and I was just pfft yeh sure ok bye.

I think the key is to know that most of the time it isn't anything serious so you have to treat it like a bit of fun otherwise you are guaranteed to get hurt.

• Yeah its never a full time serious relationship , like if a women is like 50 she is past her sell by date and its gonna go nowhere she is all out. Older women try to 'groom' you by taking you out to places and making sure you have a good time , because they want you to stay but its never gonna go anywhere.

• 50? Ok I wouldn't go that far lol.

The 32 year old i was with was Japanese and she had a body like 20 year old - smoking hot. I met her through a conversation exchange program but when I met her in the city centre she came in like these cut off denim short-shorts and leather high boots. She was caked in perfume lol I knew for a fact she was looking for more than conversation exchange... but yeh I wouldn't go with a woman who visibly looks pretty old. It's just not attractive. I have a girlfriend now (my age) but even so I know I could get a girlfriend eventually around my age with a decent body so I have no need for older women.

• Both want just sex I think in such relationships

What Girls Said 3

• Thoughts on dating older women/men?
    My thoughts on dating older men are that dating older men has generally been considered socially acceptable and is quite historic with the notions that the older guy is more 'mature' (which I find is bs as if he was he likely wouldn't be seeking much younger gals) and the guy has the appeal of being more wealthy and willing to settle down than guys her age range. I know many young gals dating much older guys from a 16 year old gal dating a 33 year old guy (no sex supposedly) to a 17 year old gal dating a 47 year old guy.

My thoughts on dating older women is that the older woman is pathetic for thinking the guy will stick around considering how much it seems guys highly value youth and beauty and generally do not seek or desire a relationship with gals beyond f*cking gals. I only know one young guy still dating a much older gal a 26 year old guy dating a 32 year old gal and he's cheating on her with her 17 year old daughter (she had her when she was 15 and the cheating is non-sexual supposedly). Note how in this scenario the age difference is 5 years which is seemingly the average age difference for most couples however it's in reverse with the gal being the older one.

• I honestly gave up on the age factor. My brother who is only 26 has been dating this 43 year old women for three years going on four. I mean I agree that 18 yr old dating a 46 year old is not good at all, that's way to big of an age gap. But if someone is happy with dating an older or younger person, then go for it. But there is an extent of how much older or younger they are.

• Yes i agree to the extent on the age gap, i can understand if they are happy then so be it but i still would be against it. I mean the person i knew who dated the 46 yr old lasted for 2 years he dumped her and we did not feel any sympathy for her at all, we bought out the champagne and celebrated!

• Bad idea. I think both parties need to be over 21.