Would you date someone who self harms?

Just wondering because sometimes I cut so yeah k xx

Most Helpful Guy

• My first girlfriend was and I had to dump her overtime. It was one thing I definitely did not miss. I'm very empathetic so seeing someone in pain I attempt to share. However, eventually I see it as an attempt to hurt me emotionally and I cannot date someone who wills pain on me like that. Sometimes she wanted to do it to "show her how I hurt her" and stuff like that.

What Guys Said 8

• Not if they were actively doing it.

My ex told me that she used to, but it didn't bother me (well it did, but you know what I mean). My sister never has, but has told me that she totally understands it and has thought about it. And she's super straight laced religious.

I think I actually get why women do it.

I'd rather have someone that has given some thought to life and become depressed about it than hasn't thought about life at all though, if that makes sense.

• Yea i can't judge a girl whose a cutter. I think about self harm so
    she could judge me if she wanted. So see things go both ways

• Depends how serious it is. A few small cuts won't bother me unless its a serious issue where she loses a lot of blood or wounds won't heal. If date her as long as she stops but I'm scared that if I leave someone like that that they might commit suicide or start hurting them self again, not my ideal situation.

• Nope. Self harm shows insecurity. Insecurity is one of the few traits in a girl that can actually turn me off.

• Yes It would not stop me from being with the girl, although I would be concern for her health and try to help her. And if she has a problem try to work it out. Is a tough world I don't judge.

• No. Dealbreaker.

• Yes I would I think that every one has there reasons and I understand it and have done it myself so yes

• I cut sometimes, so probably lol

What Girls Said 10

• Who cares if people on here would date someone who self harms? Every guy is different. You have your past and they have theirs. Some guys will hate you for it and some will love you for it. Just find the ones that choose you because you're you, not because of what you've done.

• I honestly couldn't. I have a lot of emotional trouble in my life and I can't juggle theirs too. I completely understand it. I would help them but I won't be their therapist.

• Why would it matter if they cut them selfs, if they love u then that's enough needed, u should be able to help them get through there issues as everyone has a demon to fight against, so don't be so down ofc people will date people who cut them selfs all they need is a boost in life to make them happier so they don't cut them selfs i know this as I used to cut and do silly things near enough close to death and having someone there built me up and I'm still here today:) xxx

• Nope. Wouldn't.

• Nope. I just couldn't.

• I wouldnt. Im already a mess myself.

• It depends on what sort of self harmer they are. If they were self harming because they had to (if you know what I mean) then I would still date them and I would support them. However if they were one of those people who just cut for attention then I wouldn't.

• I have dated someone who did it regularly , but its hard because if you care for that person, you not only hurt yourself it hurts your partner too.. sometimes it brought us together but ultimately torn us apart... unhealthy living style :( ... hope you find that u don't need to do it

• yes, because i used too so id understand

• Please don't cut yourself.
    Please go talk to someone.
    I don't want you to be hurt.