Why do guys say they want to hang out but don't make any plans?

I've heard it can mean anything from them being shy to only keeping you around as a convenience. I'm talking to a guy who says he can't wait to see me and misses me and all that, but he has yet to make an effort. And when I try to make an effort I feel like he doesn't respond to it. I know he's preoccupied at the moment with some family stuff so I'm going to give it time. Do guys say stuff like this if they don't mean it? If so why? And how much time should a girl wait before accepting he just doesn't want to see her?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't make plans if the girl didn't sound excited or even interested in hanging out. Doesn't sound that way though in your case.

What Guys Said 2

• he probably said it to get a response like "sure when or where?" and then he would feel comfortable chilling with you but he could be nervous about spending face to face time with you

• Because then we have to spend money lol

What Girls Said 0