Do guys always say what they mean?

So I read a lot of forums that say men will always be honest with what they say. However, if he suggests going out again, does he really mean it or is it possible he is just being nice? How do you know when a guy truly means what he says? Yes, you can wait for his actions and see what he does. But how often do men not say what they truly mean? To me, why bother mentioning going out again if you truly don't like the girl? I mean when I don't like a guy I am up front about not feeling a connection or that I am too busy. When a guy does that to me, easy peasy - not interested, ok got it. But this "let's go out again!" and then not hearing from them for a few days is nothing short of confusing. Yes, I have also considered: busy, has a lot going on, etc. I also haven't gotten my hopes up or anything and am continuing to live me life ;), just want a guy's perspective.

Most Helpful Guy

• You read a lot of forums that tell you something. And then wonder if it's true. YES it is, for the most part.
    How can you know? You can't.

"But how often do men not say what they truly mean?"
    Rarely, though we've been known to lie to get sex.

"why bother mentioning going out again if you truly don't like the girl?"
    We wouldn't do that, normally. We might mention going out again but then circumstances could change. (We learn something about the girl, perhaps, which turns us off of her.)

"But this "let's go out again!" and then not hearing from them for a few days is nothing short of confusing. "

Oh get serious!! He's a guy, it's going to be a few days. That doesn't mean ANYTHING. Except that he's a guy. No need for confusion at all.

" I have also considered: busy, has a lot going on, etc"
    It doesn't sound like it. It sounds like a typical girl, worrying because he's not at her beck and call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

What Guys Said 1

• Most of the times yes, we mean what we say. But exceptions exist

What Girls Said 1

• they also say guys lie to get sex or to avoid hurting a girls feelings or to avoid getting hurt or just bc its convenient to do so.

everyone lies. guys are no exception. when guys lie they usually feel justified so i guess that doesn't register asa lie.

if they didn't lie then why would their be thousands of questions here asking how to figure out what he said did meant or why he lied.

you can't know. you have to get to know him. there's no quick fix to knowif someoneisbeing honet or if they even know themselves what they want.

i dont think a few days is a big deal but you can always set a boundary for yourself. like if you dont hear from him in a week or so then you just forget him, bc if he was into you as you are into him hed contact you.

in being asked out you are never going to fully have control. youve kind of relinquished a fair amount to the person who is 'taking charge' if you want them to move fist then you're going to have to wait and live in doubt until they move. there's really no way around it.

personally this is why id rather ask a guy out then be asked out. then i know why i asked what my intentions are and if im interested and i dont have to sit around wondering what his intentions were bc im the one who got the ball rolling.