Is it possible to be "de-friend zoned", if you develop confidence over time?

So if you had a shy guy who was friends with girls, and overtime he gradually become more confident through companionship, do you think its possible that those girls would become attracted to him?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell yes!

It will be difficult for her to see you romantically though (if this is a specific girl). I would suggest talking to her about another girl you are interested in romantically (even if its made up) because this gets her to look at you in a romantic way instead of a being that has no sexual attraction what so ever. After that you can wait a while and tell her that it didn't really work out for reasons X, Y and Z. Then maybe start flirting a little bit. Tell her she looks nice one day and compliment on something she does. It takes time to move from the friendzone and doesn't happen over night.

Good luck and remember that there are plenty of fish in the sea!

• Hell yes huh? Is this just a logical thing, or have you seen this happen enough times?

• You were fairly attracted to him from the start. How on earth did he get friend zoned.

• Just being attracted doesn't mean I'm interested in him so when he didn't show interest I spent time with other guys and talked to him about my problems ect...

What Girls Said 4

• yes def. i friend zoned a friend now i feel head over heels for him three years later. and I am trying to determine if he likes me back

• Would you mind telling me the story?

• *we saw him cheat on her as well and told him. So i think he may be embarrassed to tell people. He then sends me a text the next day asking how my night was. and when he talks about his trip from now on he is careful not to mention the girl name at all and makes it sound like he is by himself. I then went out again the next night, and he texts me the morning asking how it went. I told him i was moving overseas next year as there is nothing left for me. he says that he thinks it will be good for me and that he should do something similar with his life. i told him to come. and he said yeah he would def think about it. and then i saw do you have a visa, and he's like nothing like that will get in the way of him going. I'm now still confused he has always said that girl and him were casual, but i don't think going inter-state with her (and meeting his sister) is anything but casual. then again why would he want to go overseas and move with me if he is dating someone, doesn't show a future?

• If he's your friend, he definitely like you back.

• I've seen it happen before, so I guess it is possible, even if it's rather rare.

• Which part, the confidence gain or the potential attraction?

• The potential attraction.

• mate change your name to Ron weasley, lol but seriously yh i think so over time

• If a shy guy changed his appearance and personality to accommodate the romantic ideals of his female friends, then probably... Go for it!

What Guys Said 4

• It's possible, but he likely needs to become even -more- attractive then he otherwise would have to overcome their initial view of him.

Its less likely to happen gradually, more likely if he doesn't see them for a while, changes quite a bit, then sees them again so the impact of the change hits them all at once.

But like I said, he'll need to overcome their original view, which means if he's become attractive enough to get them, he is probably actually able to do -better- then them by now.

• "FRIEND ZONE"
    IS BULLLLLLLLLL SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

• Nothing is permanent. People's feelings and emotions change over time.

• Maybe, if they really notice a major change in the guy.