What is so wrong with not dating?

I am a 24 year old male. As a college student who is pursuing his second degree, I am not looking to meet women. I don't approach them either, college is my top priority. Because of this I am treated like a subhuman because I don't approach every woman at my school. I don't see college as a place to meet women, I'm there to learn only. What's wrong with not dating?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Also if more people thought like that then they would have better grades.

• I have a friend who has a gf now and we go to the same school. His grades are awful because he spends so much time with her.

• Once I'm done with school, yes I will try to meet more women. But right now, school is number 1.

• Wow finally someone who understands

What Girls Said 10

• You see usually all those people see are stariotypes, like frat houses and clubs. They don't look at the fact either they AND/OR their parents are paying for them to go to school, not hook up and party all college long. These are the type you aren't, let alone want to be. So be yourself and get some work done. What are you getting a degree for, anyway?

• And who exactly is treating you like a subhuman? Who cares that much about you and your business? Most likely you're projecting these feelings onto yourself because you do want a gf but you don't know how to go about doing that.

• I'm gonna need you to not judge me. You have no idea what I've gone through.

• If you want sympathy, you need to be more specific as to what I should sympathize with right?

• I don't want anybody's sympathy.

• Nothing is wrong with what you are doing, you just have different priorities than many people your age. For many people, their 20s are about dating, hanging out, having fun, and getting with lots of people of the opposite sex. While that might be a good life path for some, it is not for you, and you know this. It is hard, but don't listen to the judgments of other people... you are still going to get criticized, so you might as well do whatever the heck you want.

• Because some people believe you need a partner in order to be happy.
    There's nothing wrong with not dating.

• Nothing, I don't think most people would even notice, so what makes you think you are treated as subhuman?

I just hate it when guys say they don't want to date because they're studying and don't have much money. That's just so ignorant and sexist

• Where did I mention money? And how the hell is that sexist? I think you're trolling.

• I didn't say you did, but a lot of guys do say that. And I'm just saying that would be one reason not dating is wrong. I think you need to read more carefully

• Do you feel like you can't handle college and a relationship at the same time? I think you can do both.

There's nothing wrong with not dating. It's your choice. Just make sure that you won't regret it later.

• Nothing is wrong with it. Forget what the haters say.

• Nothing. Society tells you to date.

• What do you mean people treat you as subhuman? How so?

• I've been called gay, bullied, even physically assaulted by one of the jocks because I'm not "popular" with women.

• Wow. That's shocking and very sad to me. Do you hang out with a younger crowd?

• I don't really hang out with anybody to be honest.

• If you dont find a problem whom am i to judge.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't think there's anything wrong with not dating. if you're happy then keep doing what you're doing. that's all that should/does matter.

• Nothing is wrong with it. Why you would be spending so much time with people that obsessed over hating non daters is the question you should be asking.

• Absolutely nothing.

• Wow me and you are very alike. No one thinks you're subhuman most people are probably way to concerned with themselves in college to worry about your dating life. From a 21 year old male doing the exact same thing I say just spend your life the way you want to there will always be judgmental people and you should never take it personally.