Can girls and guys be best friends? or do they like each other?

me and my guy friend flirt with each other a lot. he likes to hug me and hold my hand and we talk a lot. do we have attraction?

• just friends
  • Something more

Most Helpful Girl

• I think girls can be friends with guys, but guys can't be friends with girls. I have a lot of guy friends and I am platonic with majority of them, very few of them are my "friends with benefits" I noticed though my guys friends (the ones I am platonic with) always joke around and call me a "cocktease" and say that I "friendzoned" them, lol. What I learned is that guys become friends with girls in hopes that the girl will be comfortable enough with them to go out with them and they could go out "casually" it's better than asking her out on date cause then she could reject you and possibly lose the friendship and in that result, you lose the girl. So guys more do it just in hopes that they will get with the girl someway. Weather that would be a fuck buddy or a girlfriend, they want something sexual out of the relationship. But no... guys can't be platonic friends with girls unless they are gay, that is the only way. Girls can be platonic friends with guys though, cause girls can like someone without being sexually attracted to the guy.

• he's asked me to be fwbs 5 times

• If you don't want to do that, then drop him as a friend. If you are not that kind of girl, then you don't this "friend" in your life, cause that is clearly what he wants. If you are ok with that, then go for it! It's all about how YOU feel, sweetie! :)

What Guys Said 9

• Yes
    they can
    but if any of them is alone
    or have no bf or gf
    then slowly he or she have feelings for another

• Yes totally, although if he finds you attractive and is genuinely interested in you you have to be clear early on that you just want to be friends otherwise he may get the wrong idea's.

I have multiple girls i am just friends with including one i deeply love (Without the feeling part) but who was never ment to be.

• it's been my experience that in a guy/girl friendship that someone will always want more than being just friends. There will become some attraction and it'll become complicated... especially if one or both are already in a relationship. It won't work... someone seems to always want to be jealous somehow

• I think there's something more, or at least he's flirting a bit.
    But if you like him, why not :-)

• If a guy finds you attractive, he would sleep with you.

• Yes, I have female friends I wouldn't want to sleep with. I also have female friends who I would sleep with given the opportunity, very few though.

• Yes, if a Guy friend flirts with you and holds your hand then he's not even a friend, he's trying to get at you

• I don't believe men and women can ever be friends without anything sexual somewhere down the line.

• When in doubt, assume he likes you, until he tells you otherwise. Most guys naturally fall for the girls they hang out with.

But yes, girls and guys can be best friends too.

What Girls Said 3

• There's definitely forces at work with you both beyond that of friendship :) I was best friends with a guy, we dated and it didn't work out and we remain best friends. So I think it's possible but there is always 'something' there with men and women, whether it be attraction or just curiosity, and sometimes it is natural to develop that friendship further :)

• I have a guy best friend, and I get along with him really well, even better than my girl best friends. Anyways, I love him a lot, but I think that's the kind of love you have for a friend. We are obviously more than friends, we are best friends. :) I know that's not what you meant, but whatever.

People tend to assume that we are flirting all the time, but truth is, I'm basically just talking to him in a friendlier way than I would normally talk to a guy. I mean, he's my best friend.

I don't like him as a crush, but to be honest, I could if I wanted to. But it's because, if we ever start dating, either we'll eventually break up and that'll ruin our friendship. Or we get married. And the chances of us getting married is quite low since I'm still young. We talked about that before, that we're good as best friends. I can tell him anything, no awkwardness... well it depends on the topic haha.

SweetAndSarcastic -xo

• After GAG my opinion has changed. I have male friend phobia kinda. Well a lot of people on here they will say no. I honestly say there is a possibility. Well i am still a naive person i guess. *-*