No matter their age why are all men just the absolute same?

This situation happened to me with men ages: 25, 27, 33, 34, and 43 (i kid you not.)

They find me when I'm minding my own business. Follow me around begging for my number. I say to myself "why not? I've been hurt before but this could be different."

We start texting and talking on the phone. They gush about how beautiful I am, how sweet I am, confident, intelligent blah blah blah... They ask me out and I say yes. BEFORE we even go on the date, I text asking what time i should me and what not and what happens? ignored!

I even told the 43 year old I do not want to date because of past experience with flakes and i go into detail and he had the audacity to tell me its because they aren't mature enough and they are young and he would never becaue he knows better and then he goes and does the exact same bullshit. I'm not looking for these men. They come to bother me and the minute I say why not they prove to me why I shouldve said no. What the hell am I doing wrong? Its not like they didn't see my face. They know what I look like from top to bottom and they come after me only for this shit to happen. Any suggestions as to what is going on or is there something in the water where I live?

whats even funnier? all different races too.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe you want to try something different.
    Turning them down isn't really a bad thing but the guys who approach you might be the wrong type for you.

Try hitting on that cute guy in the corner just minding his own business and see where that takes you.

• great point... but dont most guys run when the girl is forward?

• This kind of guy who never approaches might be a little shocked they get approached for once as he probably won't expect it. But i am sure that if you are his type and you two fit together things get much better once he feels comfortable again.

What Guys Said 13

• My bet is on the water.

So they get your number, call, text, etc. they actually ask you out... and then ignore you?

It makes no sense to me.

• thats what im saying!!! one of them i actually went to a movie with. I bought HIM food because he paid for my movie showing im big on reciprocating. Next day, bumpkiss...

• So hang on, one of them you DID go on the date, then no contact after?

The rest bailed before date 1?

• yes! like im staring at my phone like what. the. fuck. YOU bugged ME!

• This is why I have a hard time approaching women, asking them out ect. I see so many are jaded by so many men who've "hurt" them that I sense a natural hostility and defensiveness that has developed. I think your very pretty and would consider asking someone like you out in my mind, but afraid she'd think I'm "after one thing" or "just like all the others". Perhaps your taking it too seriously?

• i thank you for ur compliment.. and thats what i dont want. I dont want to be jaded and think they are all the same thats why i give them chances to prove me wrong. I dont want to miss out on a great tomorrow because of a crap yesterday but its all the same. what do i do then?

• lol my friend used to tell me have low expectations and ull ever be disappointed. Im starting to see the sense in it

• Idk, I just wouldn't take it so seriously. Honestly someone like you I would assume its easy to get a boyfriend, and I would already assume you did have one if I was thinking about approaching you. It's all about the situation, and person I believe.

• The problem lies in the common denominator...

• besides being a man they have nothing in common

• If you have had successful relationships then all men are not exactly the same. it just sounds like you have had a recent run of bad luck. I have been proven wrong...

• my wording didn't literally mean all men are the same but that all men SEEM to be the same based on my recent track record. I guess my play on words didn't show as well as I thought it would. Miscommunication on my part as well... im glad we cleared that up.

• Men act different according to what social class they are in.

Sounds like you are aiming for men who or lower or lower middle class.

• this. smart duck.

• i'm a professional and my business.

I face age discrimination all the time.

You can have the last word now.

• awww such a gentleman.. i thank u

• I guess that was really bad luck. Damn! It was bad for you, I can imagine.

• Your only young once, but you can be immature forever.

• maybe, just maybe, if you allways encounter the same problem, you might consider yourself doing something wrong instead of blaming the whole humankind. why do you say yes before the date? maybe you should take your time...

• im doing something wrong by saying yes to a guy who asks me out? really? I dont get u... im supposed to say no THEN go out with them?

• i dont have a radar to see who is right or wrong.

• but ur right. if he loses interest it wouldn't have worked

• first of all not all men are the same... I could say the same about women... And I honestly cannot tell you why they do that... I just answered your question cuz u said "all men are the same" and that's a load of bull...

• i said "all men are just the absolute same" not "all men are the same." my wording meant I know they aren't all the same but based on what women go through it SEEMS like it

• No one deserves to be hurt, that is flawed thinking at best. I they are hurting people then they need to be told they are hurting others. If it doesn't stop then you should simply not interact with them.

• that's in an idealistic society... I hurt girls who are heartless bitches who live for nothing more than making guys cry over them... and even then its not major, I just fuck em and leave a hurtful note

• "No matter their age why are all men just the absolute same?"

Ya know... I've been asking myself the same question about women.

• "They find me when I'm minding my own business. Follow me around begging for my number."

Normal guys don't do that. There's your warning sign right there.

• lol begging was an exaggeration...

• Well in general it sounds they were coming on too strong, which normal guys don't do.

• good point

• Don't lambast the entire World's male population for the actions for a handful of idiots.

• i try not to hence why I've fallen for bs soo many times. I said above in my question that I tell myself "this one won't be like the last." but they ALWAYS prove me ryt

• There can be no success without abject failure.

Persevere, you'll get there in the end.

• Ask the (often single) mothers who raised them

• No matter their age why are all men just the absolute same?
    If you pumped all the BS out of many men they could sleep in a shoe box.

What Girls Said 5

• That's some shitty luck, I'll admit. But considering people have been on dates before I'd have to say not all men are like that.

• theyre not agreed. But i will say i think all LA men are like that

• It's not everyone else - it's you.

• yea somethings superbly wrong with me.. somethings SO wrong they ask me out after getting to me. novel concept ryt there

• I believe all women are the same. All men are the same. Everyone's the same. Everyone is different. Guys will say the same thing about all women as women do about all guys.

• It's not their age, it's their type. Are they all similar? Did you meet them in the same place?

• different places, different ages, different races. thats why i keep falling for it

• That is odd. Never has happened to me.